Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 10:50:29 AM EDT
I'm sure that this question has been asked before, but how is the quality of the Bobcat MP5 clones?

I figure I can SBR it, add a suppressor, and add some other modifications for the price of a HK94--which is tempting.

Your opinions?

Thanks,

HMC
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an SBR'ed BW5, runs great. I am currently waiting on my Form 4 to be approved for my Gemtech Raptor suppressor for it.

Thanks,
James
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm looking at an SBR'd SW5 right now.

I'm sure a HK94 is better, but at 3G's....

Vector seem to be quality, but all I see from them are 53's...

I'm thinking of going for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and love it.  I have had about 3 FTEs in about 3000 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, I too love mine.  Only probs I had was with straight stick mags or if it's extremely dirty.  Keep it clean and use HK curved mags and you won't have a problem I'm sure.

Oh, one more thing.  My BW5 doesn't like the Wolf at all, runs WWB fine, but no Wolf.

Also, I'm considering the SBR option, but just can't get over the fact of the .gov knowing all about my rifle, even if it's only one of them . . . . .Okay, my tinfoil hat is now off.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for the WWB and curved mags.  That is all that I have been using.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an older brother that thought he was "off the books".  No S.S. #, no property in his name, he got paid "in kind",  in general he thought he was hidden in plain sight.  About 15 years ago, a F-up at computer company that he consulted for sold  a computer to some Chinese students, just to help them out.  Then a few more, and a couple more after that.  Somewhere along the way the Chinese students turned into your friendly neighborhood FBI agents.   Then the Brooks Brother suits showed up to have "friendly" chats with every one.  Evan my brother, who did not work there,  who had no tax records, no ID, not evan a freaking drivers license!  And the friendly FBI man had a 3-ring binder full of all sorts of neat stuff about my brother.  He got to take a copy home to review  before his next chat, and the appointment with the IRS agent that was expecting him, and all sorts of friendly suits eager to help back to the path of virtue.  Get the tax stamp, enjoy your toy, and don't worry about what the government does or does not know, 'couse I SAW the binder, and brother,  you can't hind one damn thing from a government that want's to know about it!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Great.

I heard "Don't  use curved mags with a BW5, they only work with straight".  So I have a bunch of straight mags on order.

We'll see when my gun comes in.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Great.

I heard "Don't  use curved mags with a BW5, they only work with straight".  So I have a bunch of straight mags on order.

We'll see when my gun comes in.

I tried numerous different straight mags and couldn't get any of them to work for more that 2 or 3 rounds.  

I wanted to try to "fix" one of the straight mags to see if I could make it work, but ended up selling them first.

When you get them in, take one of the straight mags and trim the feed lips down some to where they have a profile more similar to the curved ones.  I think that the problem with the straight mags is that the feed lips are taller and the ejector rod on the BW guns won't clear the feed lips.  That's just my opinion though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top