Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2010 8:18:27 PM EDT
Does anyone have a review on this? I can't seem to find one on this site. It looks like a decent scope in the $100 range. It will be going on a Savage MkII. Just for plinking, nothing more, except shooting rabbits in the garden.

If it sucks, what are some other decent rimfire scopes with 3x9 or similar magnification?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:47:59 AM EDT
I have not shot with one, but I did hold /look through one seemed decent for it's intended purpose.Look at natchezss.com , they are a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 3:50:01 PM EDT by glazer1972]
Nikon Prostaff 4x or a Weaver R4 4x at the right at or slightly more than a $100 price range.

Weaver Rimfire 2-7 and 3-9 would work fine too but are a little more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 4:10:17 PM EDT by KaProw]
I have one on my 10/22. It’s okay if you zero and leave it. It holds Zero, but it doesn't return to zero or at least mine doesn't. Using the BDC turrets is kind of pointless. I'm going to replace it with some thing from Nikon since I've had good luck with those. It just hasn't been bother some enough to worry about it at this point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:21:44 PM EDT
There is a Weaver brand scope for around $125 that I have heard some really good things about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:54:53 AM EDT
Just got one a month ago. I have only shot with it twice, but I've been happy so far. No issues with returning to zero so far.

If it did start having issues I would not feel terrible about it since I paid not much for it. Most times you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:34:34 AM EDT
I have owned two BSA scopes and both were a piece of crap. Glass was cheap, did not track. One the glass started coming apart from recoil. The other lasted a little longer, but still blew apart. Shock proof is a relative term. They were mounted properly and were rated for what I was doing with them.

For a .22 it might be fine. You get what you pay for. Like others have said, I'd go with Pro Staff Nikon or a Sightron SI before anything BSA. To me there bottom shelf optics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:48 PM EDT
hmm, well I don't want to break the bank on this. Its going on a savage mkII. Its just a little "shooting in the backyard" gun. My other toys get the big bucks. I'm really not sure what to get.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:23:21 PM EDT
Never really liked the BSAs that I've had. I put a sightron scope on my mkII and love it. Scope is a SI 3-9x40, returns to zero after running a box drill. I just like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:43:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gestalt3:
Never really liked the BSAs that I've had. I put a sightron scope on my mkII and love it. Scope is a SI 3-9x40, returns to zero after running a box drill. I just like it.

I'm buying your same Sightron scope for my deer gun. I have a SII that I love.
Top Top