Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 8:54:10 PM EDT
When I got my BM I got a pretty good deal but it had an old stlye A1 upper receiver on it.  I want to put a V match upper receiver on it.  Question is what is a ball park amount of $$$ to do this(labor)?? The assembly from BM is $160.00.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy yourself a nice barrel wrench...
Might cost you $20...
Takes about 15 minutes to swap uppers around...
Remove upper from lower...
Pull the handguards off...
Knock out the tiny pin in the side of the front sight base...
Push the gas tube into the upper, just far enough the get it out of the sight base, and pull it out completely...
Turn barrel nut off with your new barrel wrench, and remove the barrel...
Reverse the procedure...
While tightening, being sure to align the notches on the barrel nut, so the gas tube will slip through into the upper receiver...

It's really a piece of cake, just take your time, be patient, and be careful...
Don't force anything...

GOOD LUCK...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If you send it to BM for the upper, I believe  they'll install it for free.  Or as dragracerart says, there's really nothing to it, provided you have the correct tools.  I recommend BMs new A3 upper receiver block & GI barrel wrench.  Kiesler's Wholesale has the best prices on genuine BM A3 uppers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#4]
i've done it Dragracers way a time or two with no problems but then there's the one that comes along that the gas tube won't come out of or something else goes wrong.....If i could get it for free-leave the smithing to the pros....Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top