Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 10:59:29 PM EDT
What semi-auto shotguns are there that have or can have a folding stock.  I know many of them, like the 11-87 for example, have part of there action in the stock and thus are precluded from having a folder.  Does anyone know of one that is also L handed?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a video from gunsite, in the video it shows a former Navy Seal with what appears to be a remington 1100 or 1187 with a retractable folding stock.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Saiga-12

Accepts AK pattern stocks...

www.saiga-12.com

To save yourself the hassle of 'modifying' it out of sporting config, at least one variety of folding stock can have a grip installed thru the hinge hole...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Mossberg offered a folding stock for their M9200 military/police "Jungle Gun".  
The stock will fit any Mossberg 9200 or 5500 autoloader.

The old High Standard auto shotguns had the recoil spring in the forearm also, they used the action for their bullpup shotguns but a folder would be possible also (though being a long out of production off brand good luck on Choate or others making it).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
The Benelli M3 can have a folding stock.  There's even one for sale on eBay for $500.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#6]
SPAS 12 and 15

Beretta M1203FP semi auto/pump mag fed

Benelli M3 pump/semi auto
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#7]
It has to be L handed or have bottom ejection.  The only thing I can come up with right now is an 11-87 L hand model w/ the Sage International Action spring conversion.  But the whole sale on the 11-87 is $937 on the Remingto website (though the wholesale is only $645).  

let me be frank.  I am looking to make my own bull-pup autoloader like the old high standard one, but I am irrevokably L handed thus I need L hand ejection or bottom ejection.  I will fabricate my own transfer bars for the trigger and custom make everything else.

Why, b/c what could be badder than an auto loading bull pup?  It would handle and balance and point perfectly, it would be able to be operated more or less w/ just one hand thus enabling you to have another hand somewhat available for another weapon such as a pistol, knife or tomahawk, or something like a light or less leathal weapon or just an extra hand to handle things and open doors or whatever.  I am waiting on a quote for a L handed 11-87, but if there is another auto loader w/ L hand ejection I may get it.  

I see that Remington makes a new bottom ejection autoloader.  That is a possibility but again would probably require the action conversion plus the bolt handle seems to recriprocate on the R side of the gun.

Benelli also makes some L-handed models, but they probably won't have extendable magazine tubes.  Still I will consider an inertial operated gun.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
who makes a railed fore end for an 11-87? I mean like a standard 1913 milspec picatinny rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top