Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2013 10:26:11 AM EDT
Anyone know the exact differences between the select fire stocks and the normal A3 stocks besides $20 difference at pjs?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:29:55 PM EDT
The stocks are the same on the outer dimensions.

Internally there are a some differences.

The internal differences in the select fire stocks do not allow semi auto parts compatibility.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:54:32 PM EDT
I was under the impression that it was the opposite. I know you can't put a F/A pack in a S/A stock, however I bet you can put a S/A pack in a F/A stock, but to tell you the truth I'm really not sure.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:55:30 PM EDT
Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:24:16 AM EDT
Would love to know more specifics about this, and since a lot of ppl want to know "why" before answering, I'll just save the trouble:

I have a couple spare A3 stocks (normal SA).

I own an Aug with registered sear that will have its tax stamp back in probably 2 more months. It has an old Aug host right now and I'd like to build up a new "host" for it with FA bolt carrier, anti-bounce pins, etc. and was hoping I could use my existing stocks rather than having to sport for a new stock. So knowing the details is important, at least for me. For instance, if the Select Fire Stocks do not take a SA hammer pack, how have they done that exactly? and vice versa. And what exactly is the benefit of a select fire stock, only such that it is the only stock able to take a FA hammer pack?

appreciate any/all details.

cheers
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:38:16 AM EDT
Your best bet is to call Pete.

Since you have a sear, it is 99% most likely sitting in a S/A pack and might have some funky non-standard cocking piece attached to your carrier. That alone could force you to use what you already have...

There is a "legal conundrum" that comes from owning a registered sear and using FA stocks, but that is too detailed and way out there for this thread...

If you're trying to use your sear in an AUG A3, it can be done and has been done. Call Pete he'll set you up and make your gun run like a sewing machine.
Top Top