Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 11:05:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yikes!  That's evil!  We don't need 'em anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
And William Klinton.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I know the version shown is more capable for some users, but I just can't think of an AUG as anything other than the good old fashioned (ha) version that we had but was banned from import.
'Twas a classic, she was.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]

others have said it before, and i heartily believe it.

the buck stops with the AR15. that is, for the most part, the last "military-type" firearm we will see in large numbers here in the USA.

the few others will be small scale and expensive.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
or the full auto version thanks to Reagan
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
At least we have the AR15.  If were going to have a proliferation of one assault rifle here in the US its nice to have a damn good one.  Imagine if we were stuck with a FAMAS as the only major domestically produced assault rifle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree.

The AR-15 is one heckuva rifle.

If only we can overturm the 1986 machinegun amendment.

M-16s too.

Not enough votes in the Senate to do it.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or the full-auto version without going through the NFA thanks to FDR.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, what an awesome picture.  Do you have anymore of the AUG A3?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We need to find a way to stop bullshit import bans for allied countries. It makes no sense. Instead of complaining about who's at fault, we need to find a way to reverse the bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the A1 and A2 look better. Which, of course, has no bearing on how well it works.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We need to find a way to stop bullshit import bans for allied countries. It makes no sense. Instead of complaining about who's at fault, we need to find a way to reverse the bullshit.

You can't reverse a presidential directive without a decent president.

Elect Ted Nugent.

No one else will ever be ballsy enough to be called "The Assault Weapon" president by every media outlet in the nation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't reverse a presidential directive without a decent president.

Elect Ted Nugent.

No one else will ever be ballsy enough to be called "The Assault Weapon" president by every media outlet in the nation.

Now that's an idea I can get behind!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did not the NRA tell him to sign it?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Anything happen with DSA making them here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but 20 years ago how many members were there?  There wasnt the 1989 import  nor the 1994 AWB ban then.  The NRA phucked us back in 1986 as did Reagan.  Reagan's out of office, so are the 1986 NRA leadership.

The NRA isn't perfect, but the reason why the 1994 AWB hasn't been renewed is due to a large part of their efforts.  

I'd like to see the repeal of both the 86/89 bans.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
At least we have the AR15.  If were going to have a proliferation of one assault rifle here in the US its nice to have a damn good one.  Imagine if we were stuck with a FAMAS as the only major domestically produced assault rifle.

I would love to have a FAMAS.  I wish someone made it here in the USA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but 20 years ago how many members were there?  There wasnt the 1989 import  nor the 1994 AWB ban then.  The NRA phucked us back in 1986 as did Reagan.  Reagan's out of office, so are the 1986 NRA leadership.

The NRA isn't perfect, but the reason why the 1994 AWB hasn't been renewed is due to a large part of their efforts.  

I'd also like to have a three-way with some Playboy Bunnies, but it sure as shit isn't going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only possibility is the supreme court, if a legal challenge makes its way there, and the court is conservative enough to rule on the side of the 2nd Adm.

The NFA law came about because the Supreme Ct ruled it was unconstitutional to ban sale or ownership of machine guns by civilians, so they (congress) taxed them instead.

Based on past rulings, the 86 ban is on weak ground, at best.

Still a long shot, but far more likely than anything coming out of congress or the White House.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only possibility is the supreme court, if a legal challenge makes its way there, and the court is conservative enough to rule on the side of the 2nd Adm.

The NFA law came about because the Supreme Ct ruled it was unconstitutional to ban sale or ownership of machine guns by civilians, so they (congress) taxed them instead.

Based on past rulings, the 86 ban is on weak ground, at best.

Still a long shot, but far more likely than anything coming out of congress or the White House.

The reason there is such a low likelyhood of a vate coming out of either house is the defeatist attitude I get from over 90% of the people I talk to about this. They all want to cry and say the Elmer Fudds rule the NRA, nobody will vote for it, the media will crucify anyone who votes for it. A million excuses. If we get together and apply pressure as a group, something might happen. Letter campaigns, call-in days, even marches. If the freaking nazis can have marches for their cause, why can't we have some informational rallies? If we're all alredy villians in the eyes of the press, what will it hurt. Maybe if the general public sees some normal well behaved people out honestly trying to save their rights it might help. And don't give me that "we don't want to call attention" crap. This is a fight for our rights. The founding Fathers weren't afraid to "call attention" to theirselves and stood to loose a lot more. Make your reps understand this is important to you and, and not just your vote but that of anyone who will listen depends on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Think 12 1/2 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heres a semi auto MAS .223 that anther member of the forum asked me to post a while back, cost him a pretty penny.  I would literally give a nut for one of these...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
The point was its nice to be able to get the AR15 which is one of the best combat rifles ever.

Nothing wrong with the FAMAS, I was just using it as a comparison.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#24]

I would literally give a nut for one of these...

You can only get one if you’re French, and that’s exactly what you got to do to become French Jk! It’s a fine weapon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#25]
www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html
Now for an 18” fluted chrome lined barrel with 1 in 8 twist and there will be no other SHTF rifles be for it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heres a semi auto MAS .223 that anther member of the forum asked me to post a while back, cost him a pretty penny.  I would literally give a nut for one of these...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/mas5.jpgimg.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/mas4.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/mas3.jpgimg.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/mas2.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/mas1.jpg

Yup, it just about DID cost me a nut!!!!   She's a beauty, aint she???   I even got a chance to buy some spare parts for it (thanks to Buddy Hinton from Sturmgewehr.com)......and let me tell you....they arent' cheap, either.  But it did give me a little piece of mind knowing that if I, say, chip an extractor, it CAN be replaced.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html
Now for an 18” fluted chrome lined barrel with 1 in 8 twist and there will be no other SHTF rifles be for it!

"STEYR ARMS, INC. introduces its new 5.56 mm AUG A3 modular weapon system at the 2005 IACP convention to the US and international law enforcement community"  that mean still no semi models for us civvies?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Uhh? Some body call em on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I put in a pre-order successfully.  Site says it;s a civvie version.  Woohoo, hope it pans out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I put in a pre-order successfully.  Site says it;s a civvie version.  Woohoo, hope it pans out.

MMMmmmm.... Link to site and place you put in the order please!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#31]
http://www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html

Pre-order for civilian AUG. Picatinny rails, flat top, 16" bullpup, 1.5x integrated optic, black stock and 20 rnd mag. SA civilian version. We are accepting pre-orders. Note- Price subject to change at invoice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Also, I thought "20 round mag" sounded dubious, but look here:

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/index.php?id=657

Some of the mags in the A3 gallery photos are certainly not 30s or 42s, nor the 9 rounder that came with the USR.  Damn, I hope this happens.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#33]
the ability of the government to tax is the ability of the government to destroy."

thats what they were thinking when they taxed machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys need to put the blame in the right place... LBJ and FDR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#35]
well I also just preordered one from impact, but then again, i also cancled a MK11 order after it was 2 years late, so who knows maybe ill luck out this time with these guys
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I pre-ordered too.  They e-mailed me and said pics on their website will be posted in a few weeks.  Keep your fingers crossed AUG fans.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I still don't see how this is legal.

When Klinton banned the import of the USR in 1998, it was over.

Oh and full auto AUGs were banned in 1968 by someone named Lyndon Baines Johnson, NOT REAGAN!

Reagan just banned domestic machineguns. the AUG is not made in the USA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#38]
why cant styer shift production to the US?  buisnesswise it would be smart
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Think 12 1/2 months ago.

Vs. what he is talking about AWB is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#40]
From what I've heard, the US gov got mad at Steyr for offering to sell rifles to Iran. The Steyr folks told the US that if they let Steyr sell to the US civilian market, they would not sell the guns to Iran. US said no way, Steyr sold guns to Iran.

Sucks that tangos get better guns, but Steyr has to stay in business...sucks harder that our gov both screwed law-abiding citizens and let tangos get better guns at the same time. Good freakin job there guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top