Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2008 5:38:57 PM EDT
I found a guy who makes an aftermarket quick detach/attach adaptor for a the Gemtech halo silencer. It uses a AAC M4 1000 adaptor.
Not brave enough to get one.........yet!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKIhq3Lg7Q

Update: Cost is $350 for the AAC M4 1000 flash hider along with the Aftermarket Halo QD adaptor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I found a guy who makes an aftermarket quick detach/attach adaptor for a the Gemtech halo silencer. It uses a AAC M4 1000 adaptor.
Not brave enough to get one.........yet!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKIhq3Lg7Q

Update: Cost is $350 for the AAC M4 1000 flash hider along with the Aftermarket Halo QD adaptor.

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If someone wants a QD Gemtech suppressor they make them. The purpose of the Halo is that it is a universal platform  with no need for a special proprietary flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a M4-1000.................I would rather have a Halo instead..........
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It's like water and oil.  Some things just don't mix.  

-X
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That fucking rocks. I hate the halo attachment, I was thing of how to make a QD, this is perfect.

The 350 sucks
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That fucking rocks. I hate the halo attachment, I was thing of how to make a QD, this is perfect.

The 350 sucks

Man T-Dub, after watching that... I'm glad you pointed me away from the Halo when I started looking at suppressors a few months back.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats pretty sweet..
Better off just buying a QD in the first place but it does give you options..
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 350 sucks

Man T-Dub, after watching that... I'm glad you pointed me away from the Halo when I started looking at suppressors a few months back.

~Dg84

If you needed more convincing I could dump a couple mags through mine then have you try and tighten it up using only flight gloves-
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it would be nice to see this for $250 with the flash hider, but it looks like a good value ad for some people who want some more flexibility in mounting options.

Especially if it's lighter or equal weight.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you needed more convincing I could dump a couple mags through mine then have you try and tighten it up using only flight gloves-

No thanks... After going through all that the get your can on and then have to worry about it backing off?  To me the flexibility just isn't worth it.  I mean, obviously this type of can has it's place in the market or Gem-Tech and ACC wouldn't make them.  However, it seems to me if you've got the time and money to buy a suppressor... you certainly have the money to buy another QD mount.  

But what do I know, maybe my logic is flawed,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#11]
My HALO goes on and off plenty fast for me.  If you want a QD then why not just buy one?  Seems like an answer to a question that no one asked.

JMHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top