Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:46 AM EDT
FSN
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Asolo - buy the ones with a Vibram Sole, they last for ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the Asolo Flame GTX , Do not use them on concrete or daily use on pavement etc . they wear out fast . Although no break in needed and I love them
just know they are soft soled . I wore mine out in a year . otherwise great boots .
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have these TPS. Great boot, but a bit heavy. I use keens through the summer, but the Asolo's are extremely durable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I use these everyday Powermatic 400.  Love em.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had a pair of Asolo's for a few yrs now.  I bought them for when I went to Alaska.  Mine were made to hike around with some weight on your back.  They are built like a tank and when you have a heavy backpack on, you don't think about them at all.  They are pretty stiff if you are not packing anything around though.  I have used them for hiking for the last 6 yrs and they barely look like they have been used at all.  If you buy from a company like REI, you can wear them and if they are not for you, can return them any time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I am on my second pare of Asolo's. They are great boots. You really need to ask yourself what kind of loads you are going to be carrying when wearing these boots. I had an older model that they no longer make that was very similar to the boots you are looking at. It was/is a great boot. I would call these light hikers. The light ones were great for daily use and carrying a small pack. But when the packs got larger the lack of support and stiffness really became a problem. After wearing them for about 5 years of hard use i decided it was time to upgrade and got thePower Matic 200 GV Now that is a heavy duty boot. Yes it does weigh a considerable amount more than the boot you are looking at but i feel that it is a much better boot if you are ever going to cary a pack for a few days to a week.

The best advice i can say is go to a reputable hiking store and try on a bunch of styles. Try them on and then put on a pack that will simulate the load you will be carrying with said boots. You will feel the difference immediatly.

Asolo is great either way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Fugitive's.  They rock.  I have had them for at least a year.  I wear them alot.  No sign of wear yet on the soles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]
They run kind of small. Try your normal size in "wide".
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a  pair fugitives  & a pair of FSN , wide sizes for me. pretty good boots ,a little pricey but worth it.

try ( sierra trading post ) for the best prices.

Pep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top