Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 1:01:03 AM EDT
Can't go into details about the case but there's one little theiving ass-bandit that had one O these in his possession; The AR, lower had the serial # ground off. The lower in question has been sent out for the proper SN # recogition. (probably acid etch test or something).

Here's what I got...

1) Its a "STAG ARMS" lefty. (I'm told there's only been 400+ produced/sold)

2) It had a .68 Upper. from what I'm also told, no stamping on it to ID it.

3 The little retard was caught. (mom turned him in. he's 17). He also with a "cobry" (spl?) kit.

Anyway, I know there's industry folk here that might be able to narrow down the owner. That's what we're trying to figure out. Its very suspicious that a relatively new AR found it's way on the street. Upon checking, nothing as described has been reported as stolen.

The LEO who recovered the AR is my buddy. We went through the academy together & works in my neighboring city. He's a fellow "gun nut", but I he's also a big wussy. That is only for the fact that he hasn't registered here on ARFC.

Making an AR owner happy by getting the gun back would make US happy!

Anyway, anything that could help our (my buddy LEO's) case out, & getting the AR's back to it's rightful owner would be sweet! Remember, ANY little bit of info may help. Even if you think it might not.

Thanks!

cleaner

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'm not reading something right, but once the SN is recovered, can't he just run it through NCIC or something like that to see if it has been entered as stolen?  If it hasn't been reported as stolen, I am not sure how you would be able to find the rightful owner other than starting a trace fron the manufacturer and following the paperwork trail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, won't the BATFE have a field day? I mean returning a firearm without a serial number is a problem. Also, how do we know that the 17 yr old didn't "steal" it, but got it from someone who provided and "extra service" of removing the serial? Stranger things have/will happen. Again, if the serial is recovered, there is some kind of paper trail that goes somewhere. That's the only thing I could think of. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can't go into details about the case but there's one little theiving ass-bandit that had one O these in his possession; The AR, lower had the serial # ground off. The lower in question has been sent out for the proper SN # recogition. (probably acid etch test or something).

Here's what I got...

3 The little retard was caught. (mom turned him in. he's 17). He also with a "cobry" (spl?) kit.

Anyway, I know there's industry folk here that might be able to narrow down the owner. That's what we're trying to figure out. Its very suspicious that a relatively new AR found it's way on the street. Upon checking, nothing as described has been reported as stolen.

The LEO who recovered the AR is my buddy. We went through the academy together & works in my neighboring city. He's a fellow "gun nut", but I he's also a big wussy. That is only for the fact that he hasn't registered here on ARFC.

Anyway, anything that could help our (my buddy LEO's) case out, & getting the AR's back to it's rightful owner would be sweet! Remember, ANY little bit of info may help. Even if you think it might not.

Thanks!

cleaner

I don't want to sound like a dick, but you have been here for four years and you sound like a newbie.

I think you should post this in the general discussion forum to get more responses.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's what I got...

Thanks!

cleaner

I don't want to sound like a dick, but you have been here for four years and you sound like a newbie.

I think you should post this in the general discussion forum to get more responses.

Yea, actually,..you sound like a dick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If its a 6.8 SPC Lefty upper the numbers produced must be tiny so far. I would think Stag could probably give them the dealers who purchased them. BTW, serial numbers can be reissued to guns that have had them removed. It has to be authorized by ATF and inspected by them after the stamping is complete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top