Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 7:30:12 PM EDT
Ran into some people with the Arsenal AK-47 type rifles and shot a few of them. I was impressed, 'specially for the price.
I have seen them for sale at SOG International, but these were the 14.5" barrels with the '74-type muzzle break. The ones I shot were the standard '47 type, except with black polymer stocks.
Does anyone know where I may get one... SOG had the prices listed at $350.

Regards.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That's too cheap for any arsenal rifle.  They were never that low, and they are certainly not that cheap now.  Most Arsenal USA AK variants are $450 - $550.

www.globaltrades.com/ is the website of Arsenal USA, also known as Global Trades... they do the gun shows here in TX, based out of Houston.

Now, Kvar-corp has teamed up with the Bulgarian Arsenal corp, and makes a rifle (bad-ass) called the SA-M7, and is one of the nicest AK's out there today... and this "Arsenal" confuses many people.

Both make very nice AK clones.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
SOG has some Russian slap-job with a Hesse receiver. The Bulgarian ak's from Arsenal are considerably better. SA-93, SLR-95, SA-M7 are worth the additional $$
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Find an SA-M7, if you can. It's the best currently in production. I have an SLR-95, but I bought it in 1996 about a week before Klinton banned them from further import. I paid $279, but the prices doubled right after that.

The Bulgarian AK's are the best, IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info.

The ones listed in the SOG flyer were Izhmash <sic> Arsenal w/ the black polymer stocks. I didn't see those listed at Global Trade.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top