Anyone else have one? Do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
raf,
I would use it for night time only, and want something as light and compact as possible.
And for the cost of an ACOG I could buy 6 Armson OEG's at the price I was offered.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one. I ended up sending it back. It was fine outside in bright light, but coming inside or during transitional light it was hard to see. If you were in total dark and your eyes were adapted to it, it worked. But loose your night vision, and it was gone. The tritium dot is very small. The OEG part works well and was not the problem for me, just not being able to quickly pick up or see the dot was my beef.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have always wondered if you have a red dot, and place the objective lense cover on, you can still see the dot, but your vision is occluded.  Would this work just like the OEG?  Anyone ever tried it?  What is the theoretical advantage of the OEG?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mines at a bargin. The first red dot scope I own. The great thing is that since it is small and light. Mounting to any firearms and using it is a snap. However, since it is a simple device from long ago. It is already outpaced by the reflex and aimpoints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top