Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 8:10:05 AM EDT
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ARMALITE AND EAGLE ARMS RIFLES?

Here's what the ArmaLite's website FAQ said...

There are normally very few differences between ArmaLite and Eagle Arms brand rifles.

ArmaLite rifles are the top of the company's line. They tend to be more up to date, and include higher quality parts such as chrome lined barrels. They are produced from selected forging.

Eagle Arms rifles are intended to compete with lower priced brands. They are extremely high quality rifles in their own right. They bear un-chromed barrels as standard.

ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are either factory or government built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists.

ArmaLite rifles bear a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Eagle Arms rifles bear a Limited One Year Warranty.

I was looking at an AR-15 A-2 HBAR 20".  The box has a large ArmaLite logo on it and a smaller Eagle Arms logo in the lower right corner.  What one is it?  The warranty and chrome lined barrel make me want to avoid the Eagle Arms.  The AR-15 A2 they show in the online catalog says it has the 20" chrome barrel (does that mean chrome lined?).  That's the only A2 they show and it doesn't say if it's AL or EA.  I'm quit confused, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, duppy.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Either "ArmaLite" or "Eagle Arms" will be rollmarked on the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The final polish and smoothness of the anodize on an Eagle Arms might be rougher than an Armalite, but I have seen at least 3 that had equivalent finish.

Otherwise, the difference is the stamping on the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What is stamped on the lower?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top