Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2010 9:04:00 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a decent place to look for a stock for my type 99 arisaka stock?

I got it cheap, and I would like to find a stock to bring it back from the dead. It has the mum intact an the metal was in decent shape and wasn't cut down at all, but some tard decided that it would be cool to toss the handguards and cut the stock down. So if anyone has any leads on where I could start looking or find a type 99 stock and handguards I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I see them pop up on ebay and gunbroker from time to time.  I usually just search ebay for "arisaka" and a list of parts sometimes stocks are being sold.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I just restored a Toyo Kogyo T-99 that I got for $42.  Ground mum but, 100% matching bolt.  Needed 4 7/8th cleaning rod, rod retainer, nose cap. couple of screws and the whole magazine assy. Ended up with $140 total invested with all original parts.

I got parts from:
Egay
Gunbroker(Ricky's gun room-chicopee,MA)
Springfield Sporters in PA(www.ssporters.com)
Jparts143.com(Don Valenta)
traded emails with Pacific Rim Restorations(http://berk1.tripod.com/arisaka.html)his email address is Louis Cranford <[email protected]>

Good luck!

ETA- check out a book to make sure you get the right type of stock for your rifle as they changed a bit through production depending on arsenal/subcontractor. Also make sure to see if you have a T99 long or short rifle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info guys, I have been searching Ebay for parts but not having the best of luck.

I need to do alot of research I guess, because I know nothing about any arisaka rifle parts.

I just got it for a good deal because some a-hole chopped up the stock, thankfully they left the metal alone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
try here, great site, full of info.

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/banzai/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top