Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2002 7:12:07 PM EDT
 Every gun board I look at has feedback or BOI about this guy backed out or this guy did not ship within .000091 milli seconds of getting a money order. I do not even see that kind of feed back on ebay about nitting needles. Has the firearms industry been taken over by a bunch of "I am going to get screwed" buttmunchers?

This is not to even mention the price police that troll some guys add then hijack it.

No I do not sell over the web nor would I want to after reading some of this crap. I do see a disproportionate bitching on the part of buyers and when the offer is made to send it back they don't. If I feel I got the meat shank I would send it back and eat the shipping but NOOOO they go to another board and start all over. Sound like the I love to bitch sindrom. Maybe it is the feminization of the USA.

Now don't get me wrong I am sure some buyers get the big in and out punge but good gawd it seems waaaaay out of line for this hobby/industry. Also there are many that go very well but who read that stuff.

Anyway your thoughts or opinions are wanted.

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You do not see that happen on the EE here. Oh yea only one problem I read about. Now I ordered 2 AR ErgoGrips about a month ago from a site. . It turns out things got messed up with the ATF and a Form 3 since they were made in another country. I could say this is a bunch of crap or came here and laid his name out. I give people the benefit of proving they stand by their word.

Your right things take time, but if you keep seeing the same dealer popping up there is a problem. Also if you see the same person complain there is a problem there also.

Think about giving $1000.00 down on a product you have never really seen. Being told wait 6 months and then send in another $1495.00. You either have lots of faith in the product or the people that run the Company. I wonder how many people will forget what they were told and start Bitching before 6 Months or even a year. I wish I had the money for that Shrike AR.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a problem buying from anyone on the EE.  As for other sites, I've seen what you're talking about.  Ebay people are really bad.  The others have their ups and downs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
"Anyway your thoughts or opinions are wanted."

My thought: All I see is someone bitchin' about someone bitchin'.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]
73easting, I'm gonna disagree with your observation in that the problems/issues you mention are not unique to gun buyers. This happens with every product sold, not just guns.

I'm not familiar with knitting needles, but
I buy a lot of coins for my collection and tools and you have the exact same thing. There are a number of reasons for this, one of which is...you don't have to face the person your dealing with. It's a lot easier to slam someone via email, feedback, phone or mail than it is to do it in person.

Other reasons...

1. buyers remorse (wife just found out you spend 'her' money).

2. Found the same item cheaper someplace else.

The bitching is caused by both the buyers and sellers. The sellers don't accurately describe what they are selling, and the buyers either don't ask for clarification or have to high an expectation.

The final 'problem' is that many people end up spending more on the auction sites for items they could get other places for less money. They get caught up in the auction. My general rule is that if I can get the item on auction for 20% less than other sources, its a good deal. But many people are trying to get the deals at a 90% discount.

As for the refunding of shipping costs, it depends. If the description was inaccurate, then the seller should refund all costs. If the buyer changes his mind for any reason, then the buyer pays all costs.

Regarding the 'I am going to get screwed" syndrome, unfortunately it's true, but that is because it happens all too often.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
i spent over $25,000 on guns & gun related equipment this past year & NEVER had one complaint...., untill some crook tried to send me FAKE Colt parts.........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top