Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 4:41:27 PM EDT
This site is saying that Remigton is not going to sell it's "Police" or "PSS" versions to civilians anymore. Is this action caused by the shooter in Maryland / Virginia?

www.eastcountyguns.com/cfremrifles.htm
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I handled a brand new PSS in .300 Win. Mag. at my Dealer/Friends place today. It had "The" worst trigger of any 700 that "I" have ever felt and the bolt closed with a squeak. It still may be a Great Rifle, however a Varmint Special or Sendero with a HS Precision stock is basically the same rifle, less the finish. Remington may be trying to become "PC". Just my opinions. Would like to hear others. I won't miss them. I just use the 700 actions as platforms for Custom Rifles anyway.
Thanks.
MM419

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Just out of curiosity, what if this guy IS military or LEO? Will they then reverse themselves and sell to civilians only?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Who cares? There are plenty of new rifles to be had that are far more accurate than a Remmington.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Remington has never sold to civilians in any recent memory. They sell to wholsalers, dealers, etc.

My FFL will sell me anything, as long as it is legal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe if some more stupid gun legislation would hit the bolt guns, then the butt sitting bolt gun guys would finally get off their asses and get busy in the fight to preserve RKBA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Remington has never sold to civilians in any recent memory. They sell to wholsalers, dealers, etc.

My FFL will sell me anything, as long as it is legal.

What I was saying is does this mean they won't sell to FFL's to sell to civilians, thus like a ban to civilians. The eastcountyguns link is an FFL and he is saying he can't get them anymore for civilians.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Remington has never sold the PSS to civilian market, all the PSS on the market were ordered by Remington LE dealers, they in turn sell the gun to who ever wants to buy it.  As long as your FFL is a Remington LE dealer, then they can purchase PSS all day long, whom they sell to is only up to them, the local and federal laws.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The website sounds like a marketing scam to sell some rifles, while capitalizing on the "sniper" issue!
Otherwise, more dealers would have heard this too!

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe if some more stupid gun legislation would hit the bolt guns, then the butt sitting bolt gun guys would finally get off their asses and get busy in the fight to preserve RKBA.

Ben, I think you are right on with that statement. When their hunting rifles become sniper rifles that is when the shit will hit the fan. I've been telling my friends this for years.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben, I think you are right on with that statement. When their hunting rifles become sniper rifles that is when the shit will hit the fan. I've been telling my friends this for years.
MM419

It's coming. Only a fool would continue to believe otherwise. At least some of us have more than single shot bolt guns stashed in multiple numbers to pass around in the event.

What a premium they will pay too.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who cares? There are plenty of new rifles to be had that are far more accurate than a Remmington.

Now that wasnt very nice was it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top