Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:18 PM EDT
Thanks for any info and what price you think is fair for them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The FA-91 has an aluminum reciever like the late SAR-8 which few like.

That being said, I had an FA-91 that had absolutely no problems.
I gave $400.00 dollars for it 2 years ago. I don't think the value has gone up much.
There was one on Gunbroker a few weeks ago with a $400.00 buy now and I think the last one went for $500.00 o so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hate to say it; I bought one back in 2000 just before California banned them out of desperation. I fired only about 200 rounds through it and the barrel has separated from the aluminum receiver. I have emailed them but never got a response. I will never buy anything from those jokers again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Federal Arms = FAC, right?

I think they went out of business.

You might try contact Harlan (formerly an FAC employee - [email protected]) to see if he can point you in a new direction for repair.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
In the interest of Brevity....

NO!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll hear plenty of people bash them, but I've had one for several years and have put several cases of ammo through it with no problems at all. Holds nice tight groups too. I guess the bottom line is that some are good and others aren't. Just check out the specific rifle you're buying thouroughly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top