Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 3:31:56 PM EDT
1.)For 465$ shipped is the Century ARMs worth it for a range rifle or are they just crap and not worth touching with a ten foot poll?

Century G3 (RI1095x) for 449$.
PROS
- I like the overall look
- Price

CONS
- Heard they are garbage
- Would not be able to use my 465$ rifle for the limited shooting I do.

I go shooting about every other month to sometimes 3 or 4 months. I like guns but do not spend all my free time with them. When I go shooting I usually shoot less than 300 rounds and then clean the guns to the best of my ablity. It does not need to be a gun that I can bury in the dirt but one that will work as long as I take care of it.

I just finished my Bushy and I wasn't planning on spending the 1850$ that it ended up costing but I am happy with it. I originally was planning on picking up a all black Ak-103 but I ended up picking up the Ar15 instead.
So now that I am finished with all the add ons for it I want to have a 2nd rifle and saw G3's for 449$. Now I have seen some people that are happy with them for the price and others who are all out saying stay away. Now I am not looking to go to battle with it or any of my guns, I mainly use them for fun at the range but at the same time I appriciete quality hardware.  I will get a AK some day or maybe even now but I don't want a comparison between the two just if the Century G3 is worth it for what I use my guns for.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunsnstuff.net/p/025f.html

This is where I saw them for sale. Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.gunsnstuff.net/p/025f.html

This is where I saw them for sale. Is it worth it?

www.gunsnstuff.net/p/025f.html

The Century G3's are good guns. Much Much better that the CETME's and you can buy Real HK 20 round mags for the G3 at about $4 each.
The price these guys are selling them is really good too.

The recoil is pretty low like the CETME
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Treetop, check out gunguide.com. Falcon Ind. has the navy grip for 25.00. I got mine last week. Fits and looks great. On the Century G3 , check the extractor spring and make sure the ejector fills the slot in the bolt. I had to replace both on mine and no it is very reliable.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Treetop how much did your G3 run you? Did it look good being that is was used? If I get a bad apple of a G3 how much money would I need to drop into it have it dialed in?(on average)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I had trouble with the mag release on mine.  The first time I shot it it would knock the mag out of the well with every shot.  I talked to Century Arms about it and decided I didn't want to go that route.  I ended up taking a hammer and punch to it and now it works fine.  I found a new bolt and carrier on Ebay for $65 and replaced the ugly one it came with.  The trigger is fairly easy to work with and I got the pull down to 6lbs.

Now the gun works great. No malfunctions since I worked the mag release.  Plenty accurate, doesn't kick all that much either (for a .308).  With a wide forearm it's a nice looking rifle.

I would definitely recommend it.  It's been fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top