Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 2:59:59 AM EDT
I was wondering how close the relationship between these two guns are. Can items like hand guards, butt-stocks, cocking handles, bolts and pistols be easily interchanged between them or are the parts specific to each rife? Also will a Century CETME survive Indian .308?

Jack
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a CETME, so I can't comment on parts interchangeability, however, I would not use that lousy Indian crap in anything but a 1919.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
TaylorWSO

Great CETME page!

Corbic

I have put three 660 round cans of Indian through my CETME and it is dirty, not very accurate, and they have to be culled (one in 100 has a bent nose or something).  I use it for 100 yard plate shooting and just blasting.  We, the group I shoot with, have went through about 8 cans.  I have ran the MODCC COF with it a few times and I have never seen problems.

We just may be lucky.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Now can I use a Plastic "lower" trigger housing on a Cetme rifle? Will the orginal trigger group drop right in?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
My Cetme

Heres a pic of my C.A.I. Cetme that I replaced the complete furniture with a original green hk stock that I painted black with a hard rubber finish much like that used for rhino lining but only about a 1/16-1/8 of an inch it looks great and feels great plus can handle the abuse. I then replaced the trigger housing with an original hk sef trigger group converted to semi. The gun is great for the price and alot of fun to shoot plus you can get quality mags for $3-$5. Ive heard alot of good and bad reviews and will be the first to admit that its not exactly a tack driver but considering I picked the gun, mags, stock and both trigger groups up for a little over $400 I cant complain.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a cetme that i was wanting to mod just like yours, but since the ban is gone i would like to add the bayo lug and flash supressor also

does anyone know how the brake is held on?, are there threads under the brake?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
its pinned and solder'd over,, ya gota drill or gring out the pin then either split and takeoff the MB or heat it up and turn it off...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top