Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 11:47:13 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these in an 870 ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
i have NOT had experience with them, so this is just what i have heard, so take it with a grain of salt. they say 870s and most pumps wont reliably feed them without modification to the extractor. i hear ithicas will feed them stock
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot some this past Sunday with 3 other MN ARFcommers.  It was InuhBadNeighborhood's shotgun and shells.

The action has to be cycled fast otherwise they shift and kinda jam,  then you have to pull the slide back a little, let the shell reseat then slam it home.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the mini slugs. They're a hoot to shoot and a ton of fire-power in a little package.

I was able to modify a 870 to semi-reliably feed the mini shells by ramping the barrel a little. The extractor is not the issue, it's the lifter. It doesn't always bring the little shell high enough so it hangs up on entering the chamber. Ramping the barrel lowered the entry point and allowed the shells to feed.

Sam B.
FireflyArms.com

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My Benelli M3 doesn't work with them. Upon cycling the pump 2 rounds feed from the magazine onto the lifter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
i used some in my 870..i had to turn the gun on its left side to get the shells to feed with out jamming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top