Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2014 6:58:51 PM EDT
Love the AUG A3. Got the neu-trigger and it helps a lot considering the stock trigger was over ten pounds. However, it's a far cry from the Geissele Super SCAR trigger in my SCAR. Now Geissele and Timney are coming out with 4.5 lb. triggers for the Tavor. anything else we AUG folks can do?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the Bill Springfield and he did some magic to mines and also dry lube graphite.

Mines is down to about 4 pounds or so and works well after 500 rds still.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did the Bill Springfield and he did some magic to mines and also dry lube graphite.

View Quote

Bill Springfield doesn't do the AUG triggers anymore.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stay patient, I suspect you may see something available before the end of the year.
View Quote

10-4!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The 2020 is a simple solid replacement.  It brings the AUG trigger into being clean, smooth, and lighter.  Perfectly usable and safe.

I don't like the sheet metal wrap or the spring take down catch.

It is an odd desire to have glass breaking light triggers on assault rifles.  It's not as if you're shooting 3P matches with an Anschutz.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 2020 is a simple solid replacement.  It brings the AUG trigger into being clean, smooth, and lighter.  Perfectly usable and safe.

I don't like the sheet metal wrap or the spring take down catch.

It is an odd desire to have glass breaking light triggers on assault rifles.  It's not as if you're shooting 3P matches with an Anschutz.
View Quote

It might be odd, but I agree with the OP.  my super scar trigger is a thing of beauty.  Once you know what's possible, it's hard to overlook a 10 pound trigger.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i've always wondered about when people say things like this about the AUG trigger.  i have an AUGA1 that has a very crisp, consistent pull and always has since i bought it back in the 90's
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased a Neu-Trigger and it was probably the single best thing I've ever done to any of my AUGs. It's not "cheap", and once you get it in you'll seriously wonder WTF it costs so much...then when you install it and try it, you'll realize you'd have probably paid more.

I won't have an AUG without one installed now.

Just my opinion...YMMV, IANAL, yadda yadda yadda
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i've always wondered about when people say things like this about the AUG trigger.  i have an AUGA1 that has a very crisp, consistent pull and always has since i bought it back in the 90's
View Quote

Both my AUG A1s had "ok" triggers...they were just long and creepy. My A3 was a little heavier than the A1s (probably due to age and spring wear on the A1s) The mod I installed on mine really lightens up the creep and makes the length of pull seem really inconsequential, and if anything makes the break very very crisp. For me, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Both my AUG A1s had "ok" triggers...they were just long and creepy. My A3 was a little heavier than the A1s (probably due to age and spring wear on the A1s) The mod I installed on mine really lightens up the creep and makes the length of pull seem really inconsequential, and if anything makes the break very very crisp. For me, anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would really like the 2020 sear.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I never even heard of it until now...I might have to check that out, hmm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just called him the other day and he quoted a price for my PS90 and AUG.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's weird. It says here that he doesn't. See mid-page.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong guy.  Bill Springfield here:

http://www.triggerwork.net/Msar.html

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a dumbass. Thanks. It is worth it for me to try this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It is worth it for me to try this.
View Quote

I had Bill Springfield do a "trigger job" on a spare DPMS unit I had.
The "trigger job" felt better, but I have ZERO confidence in it after looking at how he did it.

A $20 DPMS hammer/triger/disco isn't the same as doing a "trigger job" by modifying a $140 hammerpack.
The neutrigger, K&M lightening, 2020 TSM, etc are all parts that you can drop in and take out.
If Bill is grinding, cutting, sanding, removing material, etc from the hammerpack, you can't get that back...
-caveat emptor-
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been thoroughly impressed with the 2020 TSM.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A $20 DPMS hammer/triger/disco isn't the same as doing a "trigger job" by modifying a $140 hammerpack.
-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is worth it for me to try this.

-

This is a good point. Does the K&M Lightening insert cause any permanent effect on the trigger pack parts or is it as simple as taking it out?

My other question is whether the online directions are applicable for the AUG as well as the MSAR. Hate to admit it, but I am both short on patience and know-how.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The K&M is a replacement of the factory part.
That way you could take the hammer pack back to stock form.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top