Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 2:17:17 PM EDT
I have a SBR Draco that I want to get the gas block straightened on.  Is there anything special I need to know about to make this happen?  Does the 'smith need to be a Class 3?  Do i need to include a copy of the paperwork for it when/if I ship it?

Any suggestions for who to use that won't break the bank or have a year lead time(rules out Rifle Dynamics)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a relatively easy fix at home if you've got a hammer and some punches, maybe even a drill and drill bits.  Knock out the pins, use a hammer to adjust the gas block until its straight, then redrill and reinsert the pins.  Then take it to the range and make sure its still got enough gas to cycle.  Usually they do if the adjustment is minor.

This is a pretty common fix for an AK, and is covered in detail with a brief google search.
The AR15.com AK Build it Yourself forum should be able to help you out if you want to take on the project yourself.

If you're not interested in doing it yourself, any local gunsmith worth their salt will be able to do it.  A fix like this should take less than an hour if they have the right tools and experience with AK's.  I'd try calling someone locally and getting an estimate, they might be able to do it in the shop while you wait.

Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top