Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 12:05:27 PM EDT
I have a Forester Trimmer and power adapter that I am trying to hook up.  I bought a variable speed drill to attach to the power adapter and am having issues trimming cases... basically the cases are not being trimmed square.  I believe it's because my drill is not level with the trimmer.  How do you guys have this setup?  any pics?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have mine "set up" in a trunk in the garage. It was slow and, like you, I could never get it squared up. I even set it up on a drill press, still no good.

Their "Original" model did a better job, but it was still slow, and for 9mm you have to buy a seperate base. It's also in the garage.

Wilson makes the best lathe trimmer I've tried. I use it for .38/.357 and .32-20. Don't trim my rimless cases.

It's in the Sinclair catalog, but I'll be damned if I can find it online. Great products, terrible web site. Order their catalog. You can add a micrometer accessory that makes repeatability very easy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the one that is in the middle picture.  With the adapter attached and the base secured to the table, there is no problems with the drill being off to the right.  Don't let the drill hang while you are trimming and make sure that when you seat the brass in the holder that is square there before trimming.

How I do it is place the piece of brass in the holder and turn the handle to grip it just enough to hold it in place, then run the cutter up to the mouth.  Once the pilot is in the case mouth and the cutter bit has pushed the case back every so slightly and squared everything up, then I tighten the holder and cut away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Who trims 9mm handgun brass?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top