Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 10:28:52 AM EDT
www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=1271730
I need a new holster, I've been putting off this purchase for a bit but got to get one soon. Comments on the above holster anyone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
From lighterfighter.net, this seems to be a well regarded holster. No personal experience with it though. I did just get a HSG Saddle holster today in Coyote today! sweet!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to justify the price of that HSG holster to myself.....I'm sure it's worth every penny but I'm just to broke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I like this one for my 1911 Kimber:

eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=307

No use pinching pennies on a good holster
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Groundpounder: $68
HSG: $85

$17 difference, or ONE VG/Exc. M16 mag!

Depending on use, these can last a looooooong time. i believe they both have lifetime guarantees?

I like the extra material behind the holsters for stability. I have a BHI airborne holster that works fine as well, but has some sway.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know how you intend to use your holster, but there is another option that surpasses any other thigh rig out there. This is based on my experience with several different thumb break holsters over the last few years (Eagle, Tactical Tailor, SOE, Blackhawk, etc) including real world use in Iraq.

Check out the Safariland 6004, also found on www.lightfighter.com. The rotating hood design is so far superior to the old "thumb break" design that there really is no comparison. In my experience, resecuring your weapon quickly isn't going to happen with a thumbreak. Usually, you must use both hands to line up the two parts of the thumb break snaps and often you must take your eyes off the threat to look at the holster. With the 6004 you can reholster without looking and secure the weapon with one finger by simply rotating the locking hood.

As far as price, buy nice or buy twice!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know how you intend to use your holster, but there is another option that surpasses any other thigh rig out there. This is based on my experience with several different thumb break holsters over the last few years (Eagle, Tactical Tailor, SOE, Blackhawk, etc) including real world use in Iraq.

Check out the Safariland 6004, also found on www.lightfighter.com. The rotating hood design is so far superior to the old "thumb break" design that there really is no comparison. In my experience, resecuring your weapon quickly isn't going to happen with a thumbreak. Usually, you must use both hands to line up the two parts of the thumb break snaps and often you must take your eyes off the threat to look at the holster. With the 6004 you can reholster without looking and secure the weapon with one finger by simply rotating the locking hood.

As far as price, buy nice or buy twice!

Thats a sweet as sounding holster. Only thing is i need one that can work with either of my two semi autos. and it would only work for one of them. How stable is it? does it shift around a lot? it looks like it would.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Groundpounder: $68
HSG: $85

$17 difference, or ONE VG/Exc. M16 mag!

Depending on use, these can last a looooooong time. i believe they both have lifetime guarantees?

I like the extra material behind the holsters for stability. I have a BHI airborne holster that works fine as well, but has some sway.

Yer point about the price differeance being an M16 mag, I never thought about that. I need more mags too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
My team and 99% of all the operators I come in contact with use the 6004.  I like that is is so modular and you can paint it to suit your AO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The 6004 is very stable. I've experienced no problems whatsoever with it shifting around. Took one out shooting today, in fact. There is no other tac-holster I've found that comes close.

It is true that different weapons require different holsters. I have one for my M9(Beretta 92), one for my glock 22, and another ordered for my glock 22 w/insight M3 attached.

I learned long ago (the hard way) that a one size fits all approach to holsters means nothing but money wasted on junk that won't fit anything well.

Look at it this way; you woke up this morning without a 6004 for either weapon. Save your money then buy one for your most often used pistol. When you wake up the next morning you have a 6004 for your #1 handgun. You're half way there. Save money for the next one. You're better off than when you started. Soon you'll have both. I'm enlisted military (ie; broke) & this is exactly how I buy gear-I buy the good stuff a little at a time.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The 6004 is very stable. I've experienced no problems whatsoever with it shifting around. Took one out shooting today, in fact. There is no other tac-holster I've found that comes close.

It is true that different weapons require different holsters. I have one for my M9(Beretta 92), one for my glock 22, and another ordered for my glock 22 w/insight M3 attached.

I learned long ago (the hard way) that a one size fits all approach to holsters means nothing but money wasted on junk that won't fit anything well.

Look at it this way; you woke up this morning without a 6004 for either weapon. Save your money then buy one for your most often used pistol. When you wake up the next morning you have a 6004 for your #1 handgun. You're half way there. Save money for the next one. You're better off than when you started. Soon you'll have both. I'm enlisted military (ie; broke) & this is exactly how I buy gear-I buy the good stuff a little at a time.

Part of the problemn is that they don't make one for the pistol i use the most. My beretta is not as reliable as my IMI Baby Eagle. So i don't use it all that often. And I'm sure trying to get the holster custom made will cost more money than i can really afford to pay for one right now. But if it's as good as you guys say it is it may be worth it to check out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
go HSG!

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#12]
thats a nice holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top