User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 7:44:11 PM EDT
Any info on this?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Chest-Pouches,852,2.htm

Does it hold 8 Ak mags?
Comfortable?
Durable?
Any other insights or suggestions.
I'm looking for something light, durable and comfortable enough to sit. Yet small enough to be able to put a backpack on with.
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
for 70 bucks....

can get eagle/ats/etc for that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually on sale for $35
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]

(however make sure its on sale) I just tried to ad one to a cart and they wanted 70 (the site says CAN BE AS LOW AS 35 with a minumum order 10+) I may be wrong however.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, guys, it's just a URL.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Chest-Pouches,852,2.htm

Yes, I have that rig for my AR mags.  Bit heavy with 8 mags, and tricky to get into or out of fast.  I'm also a little uncomfortable with the retaining strap; it's either too tight and restricts deep breathing, or too lose and allows the rig to bounce around.  I've replaced it with a plate carrier, but I haven't gotten rid of it as a backup, and have no plans to do so.

I think I paid 55 or 60 for it a few years ago, and it was hard to find back then.

I got mine in black so as to not stand out too much when wearing a blue and black camping backpack.  It was an outstanding match for the backpack.  Most padded rigs and nearly all vests interfere with backpack fit; this one doesn't, and even rides above the hip belt.

AK magazines are considerably larger and heavier than AR mags.  I'm almost certain that two wouldn't fit in each of those pouches, and it's entirely possible that even one won't squeeze in.

ETA: Wow, duh, there's an AK version at your link.  Sorry about that, they only made them in AR when I got mine.  I would lay good money on their AK rig living up to its advertising about mag fit, although it would probably have the same restrictions I mention above pertaining to my AR one (and to most such chest rigs).
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure why my link didn't work
Ordered one, grand total including shipping $43.70
If it's not exactly what i'm looking for at least i'm not out much and Blackhawk is usually good stuff so i'll keep it as a spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top