Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2004 3:59:26 PM EDT
Anyone try the Beretta CX4 Storm yet? I have seen one in the NRA mags and such and the 40s&w version would sure go nice with my model 96!
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone try the Beretta CX4 Storm yet?  

Yup. Bought one the first time I laid eyes on one. It's 9mm to go along with my stockpile of 9mm ammo. It can handle +P ammo too. I picked up 8 cheap,15 round mags from Triple K and "asian contract "  from cheaper than dirt.com. Fires flawlessly, accurate as heck and easy to clean and maintain. Very ergonomic and makes a good home defense weapon with a flashlight mounted on the rails.

They're expensive, I would never trade my AR shorty for one, But I would reach for the CX4 before a pistol or revolver. The availability of cheap hi-cap mags is a definite plus. Try it you'll like it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one too in 9mm.  Great little space gun (lots of polymers in this gun).  Only issue is that mine does not like after market mags.  It is flawless with the Beretta mags though and is a fun, accurate and easy to handle little carbine ht  I am really looking forward to giving the new 45 cal version a go too
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
love mine. lots of accessories/toys you can put on it
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am really looking forward to giving the new 45 cal version a go too

[Cnl. Klink] Werrrrrrry Interestiing [/Cnl. Klink]

What kind of mags does it use?
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I cant own one because I live in Cali.  But the indoor range I went to somehow has one, so I will be shooting it on Wednesday  
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a Beretta pistol you should have a matching Storm. The only thing people didn't like about mine was the iron sights; too hard to find the target. With a reflex sight the storm is a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
It's on my list hehehe... of course, EVERYTHING is on my list

I hope to get one in the next couple of months...it'll give me a good excuse to get rid of the um, er, *cough*, High Point carbine.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought one. I wanted one the first time I handled it but was waiting until the .45 ACP version comes out.
Anyhow, I just couldn't wait and bought one last week.

Had it to the range once and put 100 rounds through it without incident.

Shot it indoors at a pistol range and accuracy was incredible using the iron sights.

The 10 round mags it ships with are total crap. I can barely get 9 rounds into them. I will be buying some hicaps soon. The only other negative is the sight rail is backordered about 8 weeks.

I still plan on buying a .45 ACP version when they start shipping, supposedly around Sept/Oct 2004.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I still plan on buying a .45 ACP version when they start shipping, supposedly around Sept/Oct 2004.

I read somewhere that they would offer conversion kits, maybe I am wrong.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I emailed Beretta USA a while back and they said the 45acp version wouldn't be available until mid October, and that you better get on a waiting list if you want one then.  It supposedly takes the Beretta eight round mags that are used in their pistol (Cougar?) or whatever it is called.  

I guess that all three calibers will have the same grip, (which, obviously, is built in), so I wonder if it's wide enough for any high capacity 45acp magazines.  It would be nice if some modification could be made for this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#11]
My boss is looking to buy one this week. I don't think he knows that the .45 version is not available yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Cougar .45 and I'm thinking of getting the .45 one when it comes out.....handled the 9mm one at a gun show...I like the feel of it....would be a good home defense gun and for the wife....
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Did I hear right??? Not available in California???
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 1:33:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did I hear right??? Not available in California???

Correct, it is not Cali legal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
If you need a top rail I have an extra here
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
This article has a review of the Storm and two other 9mm carbines:

www.aboutguns.net/reviews/trescaballeros.html

I found the CX4 to be fun, light, and easy to shoot.  It begs for a red-dot or other non-magnifying optic, though.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Got mine last month, 9MM. Love it. Took 4 weeks to get the top rail. Mounted a red dot sight and a streamlight on the side rail. Awsome. The perfect little brother to my M4, which will always be the primary long gun.................
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Wanted to add. This thing is screaming for some flash suppressor or muzzle break, would like to hear if anybody knows of an aftermarket fix.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up one a couple of weeks ago, one of those gun show impulse buys. I got the top rail and bottom rail ,I want to put a small bipod on it. I also picked up 5,  30 round aftermarket mags from KY Imports. They look ominus sticking out the bottom. Have not tried the 30's yet but the 10's it came with run great. I work way to much to play with my toys. I'll post results when I get to the range with the 30's.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#20]
AAUUGHHH!!! NOT LEGAL in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top