Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2011 1:31:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting the AA threaded barrel for my conversion kit to use with an incoming Silencerco SS Sparrow.  Has anyone done this?  How does it run?  Ammo preferences?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Had one for my G19 but the suppressor I have was too heavy and it malfunctioned so I sold the threaded kit.  The kit worked great otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I am using the AA threaded barrel on my Glock 22 with a 22Sparrow.  It works great with federal bulk pack.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My threaded barrel for my 19 kit should be showing up any day. I bought a gemtech alpine and the wait just started for that. It will be a while before I get to test it out. Can't wait.

RM
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an older AA kit on a G17 and I recently bought their threaded barrel with 1/2x28 adapter. I added Mepro adjustable sights but the OEM would likely be OK. It has worked great for me with an AAC Prodigy but I only have a few hundred through it since suppressed. I have read of trouble using the AA kits suppressed but it seems to happen with the heavier cans. Reliability has been excellent, the same as before the can. Ammo preference is unchanged, Remy Golden for cheap and CCI Mini-Mags for reliability/accuracy. I have not tried other loads suppressed. Everything has stayed subsonic so far but I think it is on the edge of being transsonic. I have not been following the SUPPRESSOR section of the ARMORY on this site much lately but there has been a few other threads on this subject you might find. It makes a neat 22.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a dedicated Glock 19 frame set up for it. I mainly used a Tac-65 with it & it would FTE & fail to load a round in the chamber sometimes. So.... I busted out some flitz metal polish using a worn .22 cleaning brush with some cloth. I used cut up white socks, put it on a short cleaning rod work that chamber & of course try not to hit the rifling  & presto change-o instant gratification ! NO more FTE or fail to load !

Oh and it WOULD work with a SWR Spectre also.

I mainly shot the Federal Bulk you get @ wal-mart. Gasp !

YMMV !
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used one for years.  I've got AA G17 & G19 kits and they work great with my gemtech suppressor.  

Never had an issue with either kit.  Probably have around 1,000 rounds through each one.

Rhino
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
For years with no problem.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
My SS Sparrow is waiting at my dealer(I get to play while waiting on forms) and I ordered the threaded barrel and adapter for my G19 upper yesterday. This thread has perfect timing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My SS Sparrow is waiting at my dealer(I get to play while waiting on forms) and I ordered the threaded barrel and adapter for my G19 upper yesterday. This thread has perfect timing.

My thoughts exactly, just got my barrel last week. Gemtech can still pending
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting on the form 3 to clear for my SS Sparrow....but it looks like i'll be ordering the AA threaded barrel as it seems to be a pretty reliable and good suppressed option.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else get the email from AA about the backordered barrels for G19s?
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Same here, but it looks like it will only be a week or so. All gravy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For years with no problem.

Ditto

I have several of those
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do you guys think an SWR Shadow9 will work on the threaded AA kit?

Or will I need to get a dedicated 22 can?

That can may be too heavy, but I'm just SWAGing that answer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you guys think an SWR Shadow9 will work on the threaded AA kit?

Or will I need to get a dedicated 22 can?

That can may be too heavy, but I'm just SWAGing that answer.

I've run an SWR Trident on mine, and it functions better with the Trident than it does with the 22Sparrow (I assume because of the booster system).  I don't recommend running a sealed can on a .22 very often, though, due to leading problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Looks like the one I'm using, 17-22 with the AA threaded barrel and my Outback-II.  Actually, once the can is on, my ammo options are less limited. I find it cycles alot better with the can on.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a full length slide AA on a 17.  I run a Gemtech Outback II on it.  I have no problems other than occasional shitty ammo.  

These guns do not like Federal.  Read the manual.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting the AA threaded barrel for my conversion kit to use with an incoming Silencerco SS Sparrow.  Has anyone done this?  How does it run?  Ammo preferences?

Thanks,
Mark

We just did a POI shift video with this host and the SS 22Sparrow. Check it out: POI Shift SS 22Sparrow Video
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Mark

We just did a POI shift video with this host and the SS 22Sparrow. Check it out: POI Shift SS 22Sparrow Video

I see your using standard velocity CCi ammo. I wonder if mine wiil cycle that. All I have tried is golden bulltets and Federal. Federal didn't work for shit.
I have some mini mags to try out yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]
AA G-17 may be short enough  to be subsonic in MiniMags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Barrel came in today, going to try it out with the SSparrow at my dealers Wed or Fri.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top