Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 10:56:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting another K31 and scoping it, anyone tried it or looked into it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:22:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:43:55 AM EDT
Haven't done it either, but this scout mount has caught my interest. Darrell's Scout Mount

John
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:23:18 AM EDT
I've got one of those on my K31 with a 2x20 NcStar Pistol scope. It works well.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By jnmullin:
Haven't done it either, but this scout mount has caught my interest. Darrell's Scout Mount

John

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:04:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 12:06:17 AM EDT by swingset]
I've scoped mine.

St. Marie's Graphics (Pierre from the Swiss Rifles Forums) makes an excellent set of mounts, both clamp on (right eye-offset) and drill and tap (left eye offset). Brownells carries both.

I don't like long eye relief scopes much, myself so the receiver mount appealled to me.

I restored a very beat up and mismatched early pre-68 import K-31 and decided to use the drill and tap mount on mine. Normally I don't alter my C&R guns, but this one was really sad and I have good matching examples too so I thought what the hell. The mount goes on the right side of the reciever, and still allows clean ejection and stripper loading. It offsets to the left, like a GarandD, which takes some getting used to but it's actually very instinctive once you get used to it.

I mounted a Meiji 9x32 euro sniper scope on it, and have tuned the trigger a bit but otherwise the rifle is as stock. Even so, with handloads it'll shoot sub MOA with ease and with GP-11 you can hit clays at 100 yards until you're sick of busting them. Very nice setup.

The clamp on mount he sells is a right-eye offset, and is probably better for most people but it's also more expensive and that's alot of why I didn't go for it.

Here's pics of the mount:

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:49:42 PM EDT
I have the St. Maries clamp-on and I love it. Great quality and you can finally take advantage of the K31's accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:05:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
I've scoped mine.

St. Marie's Graphics (Pierre from the Swiss Rifles Forums) makes an excellent set of mounts, both clamp on (right eye-offset) and drill and tap (left eye offset). Brownells carries both.

I don't like long eye relief scopes much, myself so the receiver mount appealled to me.

I restored a very beat up and mismatched early pre-68 import K-31 and decided to use the drill and tap mount on mine. Normally I don't alter my C&R guns, but this one was really sad and I have good matching examples too so I thought what the hell. The mount goes on the right side of the reciever, and still allows clean ejection and stripper loading. It offsets to the left, like a GarandD, which takes some getting used to but it's actually very instinctive once you get used to it.

I mounted a Meiji 9x32 euro sniper scope on it, and have tuned the trigger a bit but otherwise the rifle is as stock. Even so, with handloads it'll shoot sub MOA with ease and with GP-11 you can hit clays at 100 yards until you're sick of busting them. Very nice setup.

The clamp on mount he sells is a right-eye offset, and is probably better for most people but it's also more expensive and that's alot of why I didn't go for it.

Here's pics of the mount:
home.alltel.net/swingset/temp/K-31_mount right_side.JPG

home.alltel.net/swingset/temp/K-31_mount_closeup.JPG

Your setup looks great there. If that rifle is supposed to be a beater, mine must really be sad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Shane333:
Your setup looks great there. If that rifle is supposed to be a beater, mine must really be sad.

Methinks it got a makeover.

I have one of Darrel's mounts for an M38, and I like it. I have one of his K31 scout mounts on the way. I'll post a range report when I get a chance to try it.

Buy more ammo,

X
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:03:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dr_X:

Originally Posted By Shane333:

Methinks it got a makeover.

Very much so. New stock, new mag, total metal refinish.

The only good part was the bore.
Top Top