Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:49:45 PM EDT
I was thinking about putting a scope on my M44, I dont want to sporterize it, I will leave it all original, I just want to put a scope on it.

I was looking at this scope mount.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12785&title=MOSIN+NAGANT+MILITARY+SCOPE+MOUNT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:41:11 AM EDT
surplusrifle.com has a few articles about do-it-yourself mounts and the accuracy results afterwards on m38s and m44s. I think it would be fun to keep one (m38 or m44) as it came, and make another one into a sporter. they now offer a camo synthetic stock that looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:50:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 9:51:42 AM EDT by djenkins]
You can put a Darrell's scout mount on it without drilling holes, cutting up the stock, and bending the bolt handle. It works just fine.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Dace:
I was thinking about putting a scope on my M44, I dont want to sporterize it, I will leave it all original, I just want to put a scope on it.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12785&title=MOSIN+NAGANT+MILITARY+SCOPE+MOUNT

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:19:01 PM EDT
What is a Darrell's scout mount? I've searched google, yahoo but havent really found what it is, but is sounds like what I'm looking for! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Originally Posted By djenkins:
You can put a Darrell's scout mount on it without drilling holes, cutting up the stock, and bending the bolt handle. It works just fine.

Dennis Jenkins

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:32:42 PM EDT
www.milsurpshooter.net/

It's a forum about 2/3 rds of the way down.

You will now probably have to login to access that site.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:
What is a Darrell's scout mount? I've searched google, yahoo but havent really found what it is, but is sounds like what I'm looking for! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Originally Posted By djenkins:

Dennis Jenkins

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
Here's what Darrel's Scout Mount looks like on my M38. No drilling, no tapping. I can have it back to original in about 10 minutes.

Top Top