Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:56 AM EDT
Just wondering if they are good, bad, or indifferent in the quality and accuracy departments. I think it would be kind of cool to own a 5.56 FAL type rifle that uses AR mags, but don't want to leap without knowing something about them from someone who knows.

Mods, if this belongs in the FAL section, please move it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Red rock, bobcat, or whatever of the many names this company goes under as it moves from bankruptcy to bankruptcy, has a poor reputation.

I have never seen the 223 fal they offer and have never owned a product for them so I am passing hearsay........and forthat I apologise but this is a company that has many rabid enemies that use to be customers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone posted a review about these about a year ago, they said the function was fine, but they personally were concerned  that the aluminum lower was used to hold the bolt locked (FAL style) and that over thime it might deofrm and the headscpae would open up.  They ddn't have any proof that it would, just the concern.  IIRC the one issue they had was they couldn't get enough elevation on the sights to zero it, and sent it back for that to be fixed.  I believe they said the Customer Service was very good.

Blaine at Atlantic Arms sells them, give them a call and see what their experience is.  I know Blaine will not carry guns that show to have a poor QC record.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. Whilst I will contact Atlantic Arms for their take on the ATR-1, I think I may just concentrate on getting a Sig 556 instead. And then perhaps a "real" FAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top