Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 1:15:50 AM EDT
I was wondering if any company made "straight" styled mags for the 10/22, like Carbine and FAL magazines.

Thanks,
Jack
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Butlere Creek and Ramline did before the ban, I don't know who does now. they are curved, but not rotary.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, Butlere Creek and Ramline did before the ban, I don't know who does now. they are curved, but not rotary.

I think he might mean straight like a tommy gun stick or grease gun mag?

I've never seen one like that. I like the Butler creek/condor type with the slight curve
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't make a truly straight mag for a rimmed round, so I assume he means one thats not rotary.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone made  basically a long rotary mag for the 10/22 - kinda like a spring loaded toothed band stretched between two hubs.

It looked pretty slick to me.  I wonder why it did not catch on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one of the fifty round rotary magaizines. It jammed contantly and the back plate never stayed on for a full 50 rounds before falling off. Cool concept, poor execution.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't make a truly straight mag for a rimmed round, so I assume he means one thats not rotary.

Really?
But yeah, I was thinking about a "stick" mag, like a Thompson, Sten, Greasegun, MP-40 ect.  I'm not a big fan of "banana" magazines. I actualy hate them from an asthetics point of view.

Speaking of which, any Greasgun style guns on the market? Seeing I'm sure they are now "pistols".

Jack
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?
But yeah, I was thinking about a "stick" mag, like a Thompson, Sten, Greasegun, MP-40 ect.  I'm not a big fan of "banana" magazines. I actualy hate them from an asthetics point of view.

(snipped to save on bandwidth)

Speaking of which, any Greasgun style guns on the market? Seeing I'm sure they are now "pistols".

Jack

Look at the rims on those cartridges-- they're flush with the case itself.  Pick up a .22lr and feel the rim-- it juts out.

That's why the MP5 series can do it but rimfires cannot.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I know, it just never dawned on me untill he mentioned it. Then I went.. "durh".
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Not trying to be an ass, but yes there have been straight mags made (not that I have seen for the 10/22) Feather enterprises had a straight 20 round mag for ther AT-22.

http://www.ammoclip.com/A/at-22.htm

Editted to add.......I don't think they work as well as the curved ones though...probably why you don't see many.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top