Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2011 7:43:25 AM EDT
It seems all the popular safe companies are selling safes with a rack on the door. No one seems to sell anything aftermarket.

Has anyone found or made their own?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I just hang a few from hooks, suspended from the upper shelf––the ones with M-4 stocks.  You could pad the door and install some hooks..........
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has cords crisscrossed across the door and I hang pistols in there. My door isn't tall enough for a rifle although I have used this method for an AR pistol in the past.

The photo here is what I'm talking about but this Browning safe looks closer to what you want.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That would be awesome. I just wish they would sell that stuff for a retrofit. I think I'm going to have to sew up a molle panel myself and make some brackets from scratch.

I don't think I could have gotten that safe up to my second floor. The 27gun Heritage I got was damn near impossible. Stupid stair case. I was more than happy to write the check for 300 when that job was done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
A word of caution:

Be sure the clearance between the proposed additions to the door and the interior components of the safe is sufficient for your project.  All of the door thickness on a safe goes INTO the safe when you close the door.   If I put anything thicker than a couple of inches in my door pockets, the door won't close because on interference with the shelves, or guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownings door storage is patented, there is one company out right now that copied it and is being told to cease and desist production of the unit. If you want something like their DPX, you are probably going to have to build it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top