Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 4:59:33 PM EDT
Having a hard time finding loads for my PTR< and I really don't want to hurt the gun.

Is RL15 a good powder for the PTR? How about heavy (168-178) projectiles?

I'm using a heavy buffer, if that changes things...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to the hodgdon site because I have Varget & IMR4895 on hand. My friend checked with PTR and the barrels are 1-12 twist so lighter bullets should work better. I am going to try 150 grain Sierra HPBTM this week.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I do reload both match and regular blasting ammo for these. I'm using H4895 and Varget if that helps. For the GI barrels I'd go with lighter 150gr bullets.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a PTR, but I use RL15 for my loads in my CAI3...however I chuck 145gr fmjbt's.  Also use same load in my frankenfal.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#4]
What are your guys powder charges?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top