Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
after doing some research, I'm new to the HK styled weapons, I decided on a Bobcat BW5 FS C. Only problem seems to be I can't find one anywhere. Any insight, suggestions, precautions, options hell just an idea where to look for one. Please feel free to post or e-mail.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic Arms is a site sponser, gives a discount for AR15.com guys I believe, and is known as being good people. I think they have 'em.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Atlantic Arms is a site sponser, gives a discount for AR15.com guys I believe, and is known as being good people. I think they have 'em.

I have never bought an HK or clone from Atlantic, but I have bought a couple of other guns from them through Gunbroker, and they are indeed good folks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Atlantic Firearms. Look under the industry site here on ARFCOM. Good folks to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, Atlantic is out of the FSC's.  You could buy a FS and add the stock.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IIRC, Atlantic is out of the FSC's.  You could buy a FS and add the stock.

And what can I expect to pay for the stock. I didn't really want to pay more than necessay to get what I wanted.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw one today at the local fun store. Man was it purdy!! You'll love it when you find one
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I think POF has them @190-200.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
there was one on the ee a few days ago
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been looking for one too and I've had the same results

But I did pick up a really sweet 93 just today, I had never handled one until today and after burning a mag through the gun, I was really impressed. These are solid battle rifles.

I really need to get a 94 to go along with the 93.  The BW5FS C looks as if it has all the cool bells and trinkets.

I wonder if you can backorder from Atlantic?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the FS C?  Collapsible stock?

I've heard from a couple different sources that the BW stocks weren't the best, and that the POF or genuine HK stocks were the way to go, if you wanted a telestock.

Any word on that?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I would pass on the bobcat for now.   With all the CA DOC HK94s hitting the market, you could have a REAL German HK for a few hundred more.  The German guns will always hold their value and you dont have to worry about dealing with cheap american made, reversed engineered parts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would pass on the bobcat for now.   With all the CA DOC HK94s hitting the market, you could have a REAL German HK for a few hundred more.  The German guns will always hold their value and you dont have to worry about dealing with cheap american made, reversed engineered parts.

Even if you buy one of those HK94's, you're still going to have to spend a fair chunk of change to SBR it, as they have the 16" bbl's.

Also, last I heard, there were only a couple of these left.

The $1500 price tag for the Bobcat BW-5 FS already has the short 3-lug bbl installed, with all you having to do is a wee bit of work once your SBR paperwork is approved.

Also, virtually all reviews of the BW-5 rifles have been good, with only a few minor issues that are easily and cheaply correctable.

To properly SBR an HK94, you're looking at nearly $3000, if not more, with the $2000 price tag on the CA guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
A few hundred more??   Where are you finding DOJ 94's for $1500?  (BW5 + $300)  All the DOJ guns I've seen a several hundred more, I can get a BW5 AND a USP for the DOJ prices.

I'm not sure whose parts Bobcat uses for their builds..
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Those HK94's are around $2000, from what I've seen,

The Bobcat BW5 that is the same configuration is $1200.

A BW5-FS, with the 9" 3-lug bbl (or whatever length it is) with a fake can pinned on is $1500.

An SBR fee of $200, for a total cost of $1700, and you have an SBR HK94 with 3-lug barrel (as opposed to around $3000 (at least) for the CA HK94).

The Bobcat parts are made by Special Weapons.

I've got an FS, and it runs great.

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]
So does SW actaully manufacture the individual parts, or do they just get pakistani parts kits, etc?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#16]
They manufacture quite a few of the parts, or contract their manufacture directly from US sources.

I know the receiver, the barrel and the furniture are made here.  I believe that the carriers, the extractors, the gold spring deal, etc. are also all made here, along with some fire control parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top