Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 11:16:09 AM EDT
I have 2 more goodies on the way and am deciding on a 556 can but want an estimate on sound.

So the 556 review I saw showed about 164 unsuppressed and 131 suppressed with the Specwar 556 version.

My question is, are there any "semi-official" tests done on M&P 15-22 and P22 for dB readings since that's what I assume they will compare with? Or am I wrong in thinking they will sound roughly like a 22lr?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Just looking for some info... Bueller... Bueller...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok I will let this thread die after this.. Just wanted to throw some info in here in case anyone searches it down the road... Finally found a semi relevant video

Rugar 10/22 ... 139-140dB unsuppressed
Rugar 10/45 ... 151-154dB unsuppressed

So 132dB seems to be roughly what 556 technology is at

Now if I just has a 10/22 to shoot....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You are not getting any replies because no one understands what your question is.

Secondly, what the hell is a Rugar?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok I will let this thread die after this.. Just wanted to throw some info in here in case anyone searches it down the road... Finally found a semi relevant video

Rugar 10/22 ... 139-140dB unsuppressed
Rugar 10/45 ... 151-154dB unsuppressed

So 132dB seems to be roughly what 556 technology is at

Now if I just has a 10/22 to shoot....
View Quote

First of all, what's a 10/45?
Second question is a repeat of the question from the previous post; what is a Rugar?

You are asking the wrong question for the wrong forum.  No written figure or YouTube video will get you the answer that we are guessing you seek.  A .22 LR will not sound like a 5.56 suppressed ever... EVER!  There are so many different factors such as tone, port pop, etc.  Stop looking for answers in a number and on the internet.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ruger** ...

If no one wanted to answer that's fine, but understanding "tests done on M&P 15-22 and P22 for dB readings unsuppressed" seems fairly simple.

If I owned a RUGER 10/22 and wanted to know ROUGHLY (and I assume pretty close) what the dB numbers would be, I would in fact have "written figure and YouTube videos", in numbers, on the internet, from SilencerShop, so why is it so outlandish that there may just be similar numbers for my hosts?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What you hear is a combination of muzzle blast, bullet flight noise and action noise. The suppressor attenuates the sound of the muzzle blast. How do you think bullet flight noise and action noise differ between an AR-15 and a 10/22?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
True, I guess I was asking more of a muzzle blast opinion/comparison even though I know flight is still involved in the noise, then just factoring in the action noise in my head (which I know is an A to Z difference).

Even though its all at once, on my 9mm hosts I can still pretty much separate all of the noises (mainly blast and action) pretty distinctively.

I feel like its explainable and that there is an answer in very broad terms but oh well.

I guess I just have to get one and see for myself.

On a positive note I have an Omega and Spectre II on the way which are easily justified from reading on here and from you guys helping me I just wanted to put a 223 in the bag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top