Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2006 1:44:24 PM EDT
My parents have a problem with ferrel hogs (not a game animal) on their ranch in Texas.  They asked me to come down and kill them off.  While debating my choice of weapons, I was thinking about taking some of my NFA collection for the task, SBR, with can, SBS, SMG, etc.  Does anyone else out there hunt with their NFA items?  If so, what are you using, and on what?
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's this at in TX?  I'm down to help
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where's this at in TX?  I'm down to help

+1

although i don't have any NFA to use.  

make sure you check the parks and wildlife regs. i don't think you can hunt with MG's and you can only hunt non-game species (ie, not deer turkey and a few others; hogs are considered non-game) with suppressors. i don't think that there are any regs regarding SBR or SBS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR and a suppressor on deer.

Haven't had much of a chance to hunt anything else lately, but i'd love to take the MAC out to blast some ferral critters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
look up "the Red Goat" on this site he has done some very bad things to hogs in Tx .

he has a laughing dog for an avitar.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but it sure seems like some guys have full-auto on opening day.  Does it really take 6 shots to bring down a deer?
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Have M16 will travel. Are you near an airport? I'll be right there.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
look up "the Red Goat" on this site he has done some very bad things to hogs in Tx .

he has a laughing dog for an avitar.

He'll have you believe that he has taken hogs with a MG, but take a close look at
the end of his barrel.

6mm plastic pellets really does'nt cut it.

Proof

GM

Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes. SBR, Silencer. No MG yet.

coyote, hog, beaver, nutria, coydogs and any other general pests.

And yes, you can hunt with FUll AUTO on non-game animals.

Non-game Animals (Non-Protected): Any lawful firearm, pellet gun, or other air gun is legal.

TPW
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I am going to opt for the SBR AR with the SWR can and the PVS-14 NV optic.

I would invite people out, but unfortunately, you only see the hogs maybe once every ten outings, so it would be a waste of time for the majority.  Plus, in this day and age of the lawsuit-happy society, I doubt my parents would allow strangers on their land.  Its sad, I know.  :( Unfortunately, the few have ruined it for everyone else :(
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't exactly call it hunting, but I have SHOT jackrabbits with SBRs (several AR variants), submachine gun (Sterling), as well as suppressed weapons including .22LR (AAC Phoenix), 9mm Luger (handgun (EVO 9)  and SBR (LRM169)) and .223 M4-2000). The last time I was at the range with my subgun I also shot two rogue ground squirrels.
And, FWIW, I have also shot jackrabbits with a couple different GenIII night vision scopes (not mounted on NFA weapons): garden variety 20" AR15s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have killed several wild pigs with my M-16.  When I take friends out on our land (i'm driving) it's easier to keep next to me in the truck(11.5" barrel).  Here is a picture of one I shot last spring.

I've considered taking my M-11 with Lage upper,l but have decided against it due to the fact I don't think the 9mm would have enough power to take down a boar cleanly.  He might run off and die.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Hogs and coyotes and varmits every chance I get. Just dont shoot deer or other game animals.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
yes, squirrels, whistle pigs, deer, coyotes and other stuff
22lr, 223, 308 soon, 45acp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top