Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 7:02:14 PM EDT
I know there not the evil black rifles but I've always wanted one. A guy from work has one he's going to let me shoot So, do you think there worth the money? Are the accurate, reliable..... I'd like some first accounts if possible.

Thanks
Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience w/ the 630 but did have a 770 (308 version). THE best hunting type rifle I've ever shot! The barrels on this series are absolutely great, polygonal cold hammer forged.  Very accurate. The barrels don't heat up as quickly as most others w/ comparable taper and profile. The 770 (308) will give about 10 repedatively accurate shots before the bore heats up and effects accuracy.
Is it worth the price? Well, as with any discontinued HK, I'd say so. Parts are next to impossible to find and the resale value is iffy since these are not something the average person is familiar with.
If you do get one find a HK 05 mount for it, don't use the B-Square mount, they scar the hell out of the top of the receiver.

One other thing, the safety is the week point. I've seen several rifles in this series w/ failed safeties,and it is tough to fix.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know there not the evil black rifles but I've always wanted one. A guy from work has one he's going to let me shoot So, do you think there worth the money? Are the accurate, reliable..... I'd like some first accounts if possible.

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

I think a HK630, 770, 940 are worth the money. As ESSE said the HK 630 is very accurate and rare. I think if HK sold these rifles today, they would be the best semi auto hunting rifles on the market.
The 05 mount is the way to go. With the 05 mount you can take the scope on and off with out any change in zero. The 05 mount is rare and they sell for $250 to 475.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, I think I already have the christmas bonus spent
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for you!! You will love the HK 630.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Update,

I got to shoot it tonight. Using cheap remanufactured ammo it shot just under an inch at 100 yards, needless to say I'm impressed. That rifle is SWEEET!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top