Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:51 AM EST
A friend of mine has a Rem LTR detachable mag model for sale. I can get it for around $600.

I know that it's a reasonable price but I can't find any info on the DM model on the net. Was it discontinued? How is the recoil on these? I know it's only a .308 but I'm a small dude with some bone problems. How about the bbl, does it heat up fast?

Any and all info is appreciated!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:47:51 AM EST
I didn't kow the LTR was ever offered with a detachable mag. Are you sure it wasn't added as a kit?

There's been alot of talk about these rifles in the "Precision Rifles" forum.

I have a LTR in .223 and it is a great rifle. Accuracy is very good. Having that short barrel makes for a handy little rifle. Also, its not too heavy you couldn't take it hunting. Some of the precision rifles get a bit heavy since they are built to be shot from a rest as opposed to being carried all day.

I think $600 for one in really good condition is reasonable. Especially with the mag option. The kits that are on the market for adding a detach mag to a Rem 700 are over $150.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:18:21 PM EST
my .02..........
pass on it
when Rem cam out with the LTR,DM I wanted one bad looking around people stated having trouble with the mag's not feeding ....so I just built another AR-15 scoped,bullbarrel,flattop....
when they released the LTR without the DM....I jumped on it like a duck on a bug....I got the .223

I cant say if the 308 heats up but Ican shoot my PSS 6 or 8 times without problems.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:28:07 PM EST
Thanks guys!

I'll shoot it first and check the mag function.

Balming
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:20:38 AM EST
I got a LTR in 308 just for punching paper. Its too heavy for a hunting rifle IMHO. My friend has a sendero and its a lot lighter and good for hunting and target. I like my rifle. I paid 750 NIB and put a Springfield 3 gen on it and harris bipod. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:50:57 AM EST
I've got one. Love it! Had it for several years now. I have a Leupold M3 on it. First group (5-rounds) out of the box with Fed Match 168gr at 100 yards was 0.25" CTC. I shot my 6-point at 324yards (laser ranged) right in the heart. I hit my 5-point on a dead run at 130 yards. The guide whose land I was hunting on witnessed this, and said he never saw anyone make a shot like that with a rifle (**tooting own horn**). I routinely get first round hits on water jugs at 735 yards without a problem if I do my part, and it's not windy.
I did have bolt-over problems once, until I learned to seat the mag properly. This isn't exactly the type of rifle you'd do rapid mag changes with anyway. More of a convenient way to unload the rifle when climbing out of a treestand, or getting into a vehicle.
I have no experience with the 5.56 version.
Top Top