Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2007 3:52:52 PM EDT
I've got a friend who's been having some less than pleasant customer service experiences with them.
He placed an order with them, because their design used a flash suppressor, not a muzzle break as many of the others did at the time. A few weeks after placing the order, they " improved the design" by using a muzzle break instead of a flash suppressor. okay, fine. let the order stand. this order was placed 2 YEARS AGO.
about 6 months from the time of order, they said they were waiting on the registration
paperwork from ATF before they could be shipped to the dealer, but were otherwise pleasant and apologetic.
About a year ago, they offered him a free .22 can for making him wait so long, which they said would be included with the others he ordered. He would only have to pay for the stamp. The items he ordered finally came in last week, but the free can they promised wasn't included. They apparently won't answer the phone or return calls.
Did they go out of business?  does anyone else have any info on them?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a company out of Texas that makes some loud ass suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've heard more than a few over the past several years and would put them up against anything else out there. I think like the Ops cans, they just meter bad.

At the first silencer shoot a couple of years ago, Caver101, me and anothe guy lined up side by side with an AAC Cyclone, SWR Omega and .30cal Jet can. All 3 rifles were customs w/ 22" barrels and we were all shooting the same ammo.
The Omega and Cyclone sounded very similar. The Jet had the same noise level, it was just a noticable different tone over the other 2. All shooters rotated out of position and came to the same conclusion.

With that being said, there is no way in hell that I'd buy one unless it was used or a dealer had it in stock and ready to go. There CS is horrible and getting any product out of them is a joke.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The Jet cans I shot were not loud. I wouldn't buy one for the reasons already stated.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a .30 cal Titanium Jet, and I have heard several other cans, including the Jet, SRT and the SWR Omega side by side.  The titanium resonates a little differently as above stated, but it most definitely isn't louder.  In fact, with 9.5 grains of Unique in LC brass, and a 180 grain SMK, the sound is simply a robust  firing pin noise, a little whizzing noise and SLAP of the bullet.  Very impressive.

The Jet is certainly lighter, and thus, there is no discernible POI shift with my rifle.  I have a custom 22" Rock 5R. I am actually very happy with the can, but alas, I too was somewhat disappointed at the delays we experienced when "waiting for ATF approval."  Strangely, the paperwork, took several months when we all know that Form 4 turnaround time has improved to mere weeks since the office moved to Atlanta.  I filled out the paperwork, and left it with Debra but they didn't send it in for a month after that

Anyway, they were very nice, friendly people to deal with, and I live in South TX, so the proximity made them accessible to me.  They now have a new shop and new CNC machines.  I can only hope they'll get better with their turnaround time.

I think they make a great product, but they just have a poor sense of timing and they probably accept more orders than they can reasonably fill.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies. It's starting to look like they're the Botac of suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Took nearly a year to get my 6mm JET.....shitty CS is an understatement.

I asked Debra for dates the different forms were submitted to the ATF...then I asked for copies....when I got the copies they were dated MONTHS later than the verbal dates she gave me...

JET made a good can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top