Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 12:26:02 PM EDT
I just purchased an SAR-1 and am pretty pleased overall with the quality, BUT...  When I shoot it it feels like somehow the rearward action of the bolt/carrier interacts with the trigger group causing the trigger to jump forward into my trigger finger (somewhat painfully with cold hands I might add).  Has anyone else experienced this?

Any advice or thoughts as to the cause of this would be welcome.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The trigger bite is why I sold mine, also my AK-74 for the same reason, but Campy Bob has an easy solution. I wish I would have asked before I sold.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
go to ak-47.net and do a search on trigger slap. A guy that goes by the name of rifleman has a webpage dedicated to fixing this problem.

You basicly take the  sear out of the gun and remove a portion a material with a dremel tool to aleviate the problem. Whats happening is that when the bolt cycles the hammer back to the ready position, the sear is being pushed back as well, the extra material of the sear is hitting the receiver and that's where you are getting the wicked trigger slap. The project is easy to fix, putting the shepard pin back in takes longer than the dremeling!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Its an easy fix, there just to much "meat" on the disconector "I think thats right"  about 5 minutes with a Dremil and it will be gone.  Just remove the fire control parts and you can see where they make contact.  

-bc
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies!  I didn't know ak-47.net was back online, but still would've asked here first.

Thanks again, and any other advice for the SAR-1 would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the link.

http://blackrifle.gunsnet.net/triggerslap.htm
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the problem on a SAR-2. It also was prone to double-tapping. I changed out the U.S. made trigger group with a Romanian one. Both problems solved.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had the problem on a SAR-2. It also was prone to double-tapping. I changed out the U.S. made trigger group with a Romanian one. Both problems solved.

Careful... you would have an illegal rifle if you dont swap around some other US parts.  These rifles have US parts in them for a reason... it makes them legal to import/build and own.  Swapping these parts without replacing other parts with US made, makes an illegal rifle...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
ps, I think it's refered to as "trigger slap." not to be overly technical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top