Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 4:09:50 PM EDT
Trying to decide if I want a new-style phantom perm-attached to a 14.5" barrel. Anyone have pictures of this FS attached to a rifle? I've only seen pictures of it by itself. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
mercurus, I went ahead and ordered the new style on the M4 upper and am very happy with it. It looks great,I had the old style on another barrel and this looks much better than the old style IMO. I don't have a digicam yet so no pics, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not attached:

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Trying to decide if I want a new-style phantom perm-attached to a 14.5" barrel. Anyone have pictures of this FS attached to a rifle? I've only seen pictures of it by itself. Thanks

Is it a pre-ban or bost ban?

I just ordered a Phantom to screw on my pre-ban 16'' upper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to get a phantom, but Ive got a 16" barrel with threads, so Ive got a birdcage on it, I dont want the added length that the phantom will add onto the 16", I guess Ill just have to get a 14.5" and perm. attach the phantom
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Not mine but I like the pic.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Not much for short barreled AR's, but that is a cool pic
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
someone explain the wirecutting ability thing, like how it works. i see thelittle blade things in the pic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not mine but I like the pic.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

That pic is just sick.   (sick meaning very cool)

must be registered as an SBR huh??
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That pic is just sick.   (sick meaning very cool)

must be registered as an SBR huh??

Either that, or it's Class III with a registered DIAS or lightning link.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Re the "wire cutting" function. You're supposed to lay the strand of wire you want to cut in two of the slots, and pull the trigger. I think first come up with by the Austrians in their version of the FN FAL some years back, but I'm not positive. Awful noisy way to cut wire.  Think I'd rather just carry a set of mechanical cutters.  Since I personally don't plan on going into combat ever again, and I sure as hell wouldn't cut any private land owner's fence wire, don't think I need it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top