Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2002 11:57:04 PM EDT
Anyone have a steyr M or S series pistol?  I am thinking about making my first pistol purchase and id like to hear some first hand input on these.  How are the funky sights?  how are the ergonomics? etc...

any input would be appreciated.

thanks

-Spaceman
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The M is alot wider than it looks in profile photo's, It's almost as wide as a Ruger or a Berreta, when you are actualy looking down it.

Make sure you get one that either came out after the trigger modification or has been sent back for the recall work, they came out with this really terrible trigger pull and have since fixed it. ask your sales person if it has the new trigger or the old one.

If I was going to get one, I would go with the .40 Smith, because if you are only going to have ten in the mag, You may as well shoot the biggest bullet that the gun comes in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah and I really did not care for the sights, I would yank them off, first thing and stick a set of PT Trituim nitesites on it.

PT offers a set of M sites on it's web sight
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I got rid of mine after about two weeks, I bought the pistol to carry concealed BUT they put in a loaded chamber indicator. So as you slide the pistol into the holster, the slide would retract about one millimeter, leaving the pistol "out of battery" and unable to fire. The loaded chamber indicator would exert enough pressure on the rim of the bullet to keep the slide out of battery. So every time I would draw the pistol from the holster, guess what, the slide was a bit open and held there by the loaded chamber indicator, making the pistol useless.

This is a design flaw, in my opinion. All you guys with Steyrs, do this; point the pistol barrel up. Retract the slide about 1 millimeter (with bullet in chamber). I bet you the slide will fail to close. I went back to dealer and he showed me three more M-series, we put snap caps into all of them and they ALL failed to lock back up.

BUY a Glock oe USP and avoid all these problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top