Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 11:24:51 AM EDT
I just ran across a place selling it for $43 plus shipping.  It holds 4-8 M-16 mags and 2 pistol mags.  Anyone know the quality of it/tried one? Can you confirm that it can carry 8 mags (2 per pouch) and does it use a plastic QD buckle on the waist strap?

As a side note I don't need to hear the "it isn't made in the USA" stuff- go post that somewhere else.  

Money is real tight right now but I would like some way to pack 4-8 mags and this is exactly what I have been looking for design-wise...

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you mean this one:

You won't mistake it for a higher end product like Tactical Tailor or SOE but it works well.  The pouches each hold 2 30 round mags.  Thermold mags are a little thicker and it will hold two of those but will be very tight.  No problems with aluminum mags.  It also has two pistol mag pouches.

I personally find it a little more difficult to get the straps to stay just where I want them for comfort, but that kind of thing varies widely between different people.  It is still comfortable to wear and that fact that it only holds up to 8 AR mags and 2 pistol mags means that you won't be hanging enough weight on it for comfort to really be an issue.

As with pretty much all other gear of this type, all of the buckles and 'hardware' are plastic.  I haven't used mine very much but it seems durable enough.  You certainly can't beat the price.

Yes, Blackhawk makes just about all of their gear overseas.  Or more specifically, Blackhawk has contracted with a foriegn company to make their gear for them.  That company was originally doing all the work in Korea but has moved work to factories in VietNam.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the one pictured above, it is ok, but I am now leaning toward a modular setup.  I want the option of changing things.  I would echo what Hoplophile said.  The weight is not bad.  The shoulder straps are fine, but I do not care for the waist strap, I think it (waist strap) may be a little thin, should be a bit wider IMHO.  Not a bad rig, I paid $60 + shipping a couple of years ago.  Go shopping around a bit.  I know I am looking at possibly moving somethings out and consolidating to a molle system.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Hellhound,

If yours is OD color and you are willing to sell it for cheaper than $43 plus shipping email me.  I got some money left on my Paypal account that I haven't use up yet!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I am sorry, but it is black.  I did not pay attention to the pic, then again, OD is not black!!  Sorry.  I am working a deal with someone for this piece of gear.  $43 shipped is a good price, if I had to do it over I would go with the OD.  I may check out a weesatch, those things seem to be calling my name!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, no problem, just OD green is the new black this season, ya know?

Weesatch is the bomb, but I really need that additional $120 for things like food and rent, so I'll just have to go and order the Blackhawk chest carrier this afternoon.

Thanks all for the info!

Dawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top