Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2016 10:47:04 PM EDT
Im referring to this pouch
bfg dbl 308

I like my bfg double m4 pouch of similar style but im curious if anyone is using the 308 version.  Can you tell me if it holds m4 mags without much flop?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very obviously biased towards Blue Force Gear products, but our double SR25 mag pouch has a piece of shock cord around the body that would allow it to cinch down on anything you put into the pouch including M4 mags, smoke grenades, trauma gear, etc.

Stephen
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]

These aren't as nice as the BFG pouch, but they're a great price for a good quality SR25 mag pouch.

https://www.natchezss.com/sngmg-pch-hd-2-sr25-ms-wdiv-kh.html

All of the other Eagle mag pouches are also on sale for under $10.  This triple M4 double pouch has a bungee design and is on sale for $7.78.

https://www.natchezss.com/trpmag-pch-hd-2-m4-bng-tp-5kh.html

Single's are $5.75 and available in several colors.  Most of the other gear is only left in the khaki color, which I think looks fine on Coyote equipment.

https://www.natchezss.com/sngmag-pch-hd-2-m4-bng-tp-kh.html

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm very obviously biased towards Blue Force Gear products, but our double SR25 mag pouch has a piece of shock cord around the body that would allow it to cinch down on anything you put into the pouch including M4 mags, smoke grenades, trauma gear, etc.

Stephen
View Quote

Thanks Stephen.  I kinda thought this might be the case as my double M4 pouch has a bungee, but when I looked at the photos on the website and read the description it's hard to tell.  The description and stock photos reference and elastic strap, but the mounted photos show a shock cord bungee.
I can't actually find anyone that's used the mags to tell me otherwise.

Thanks for clarifying.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just as a heads up I tried something last night: put a Magpul .308 mag in the BFG double M4 flapped pouch and it fit....with room.
If you don't pull the flap down real hard it leaves a little bit of vertical room, but it's not going anywhere.  

This changes things for me.  Could run 3x double M4 pouches and be able to run 3x308 pmags or between 3-6 M4 mags, or throw an IFAK insert in one...plot thickens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top