Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/29/2004 4:20:30 PM EST
I was planning on getting an SBS, probably far off in the future to be realistic. Anyways what is the recoil like on these. It would probably end up with a pistol grip and forgrip and either a folding or collapsing buttstock. Right now I am thinking 12 gauge, but if recoil would be uncontrolable, I would drop down to 20 gauge. Somewhere in 8 to 12 inch range.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:23:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrKasab:
I was planning on getting an SBS, probably far off in the future to be realistic. Anyways what is the recoil like on these. It would probably end up with a pistol grip and forgrip and either a folding or collapsing buttstock. Right now I am thinking 12 gauge, but if recoil would be uncontrolable, I would drop down to 20 gauge. Somewhere in 8 to 12 inch range.

Depending on what load and what gun, recoil is stout at least. But curiously, the recoil curve dimishes if you cut the barrel way down, like in the 4 inch range or shorter. SBSs or AOWs at this legth are quite comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:09:56 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:01:56 PM EST

Anyone have SBS?

I wish that I could here in Indiana. We can have all NFA items EXCEPT short-barrel shotguns. The only legal way for me to do it would be to buy an AOW. It would essentially be a SBS, only having a pistol grip, no buttstock.
Top Top