Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:00:01 PM EDT
I was wondering if it's steep price was worth it.  I have a MN M38 and was contemplating getting one of these.  

Hoping someone got one and could tell me the condition of metal and wood.  Also what happened to gunsnammo.com website.  They sold antique and had indivual photos.  Now it's gone.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
i would buy from wga,i  myself have picked up 4 non antiques all from them before they got into trouble with the batf. either they ae having web problems or further batf problems but i would definatly wait  a little to see if they put them back up. i also emailed them a few months ago to see if they would be selling non antiques again and was told yes in march of this year so maybee they are setting up for that - lets hope so.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
got mine from aim and damn happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
     I just got an email from WGA the other day. I can't remember what they were selling. For a while they were only selling the pre-1897 or whatever the antique cut off is.

I love mine that I got from WGA.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on order, my FFl just got it and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.  I'll post a pic of it later on in the day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like WGA's website is back on.   I've gotten some beat down C&R and now I have decided to pay and get what I want which is quality.

Love to see some pics regardless of where you got it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to say that I got it from AIM, I will post some pics for you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The M-39 is the Caddy of Mosins.  You won't regret getting one.  These will dry up sooner than you think.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Well here is my M39.  The gun is in great shape, with the exception of 2 large dings that look like a damned vampire bit my rifle.  I am pretty bummed.  AIM advertises them to have "minor stock and finish wear", but these dings don't seem minor to me, but I'm new to surplus rifles.  Should I just let these go?  I have already sent an email to AIM with pictures, so I will see what they say.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I would be a little upset.  It looks like those were recent.  Other than that nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Well here is my M39. The gun is in great shape, with the exception of 2 large dings that look like a damned vampire bit my rifle. I am pretty bummed. AIM advertises them to have "minor stock and finish wear", but these dings don't seem minor to me, but I'm new to surplus rifles. Should I just let these go? I have already sent an email to AIM with pictures, so I will see what they say.

was your rifle wrapped with cardboard when you got it?  aim has been getting a bad rap because of their packaging, bolts sticking out of the boxes.  mine came doubled wrapped and the bolt out of the gun wrapped in bubble wrap.

those dings look like shipping scars
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure how AIM packaged them up, because my dealer had them out for me.  I know that each of the Mosins came in their own box and there was no visible damage to the box that the M39 came in.  Here is AIM's response to my email:

"Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the rest of the rifle is gorgeous.  If that's the case, then yes, we would consider that normal for an Excellent Mosin 39.  Those, unfortunately, are part of the storage and shipping wear we refer to in the advertisement."

Sounds like I'll just have to live with it.  If it weren't for those 2 dings the gun would be near perfect, too.  Do you think I could refinish the stock and do some work to it so they wouldn't be so visible?  I have never refinished a stock before.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't mess with it.

The stock is above average for a milsurp.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
WGA often states that their rifles have 'matching bolt."  Are these truly bolts matched to the receiver at the arsenal, or are they "forced matches," you know, with bolts etched later with new serials to match the receiver?

I've never heard of them before now and would like to know more.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a pair of "like new" M39's from gunsnammo.com a while back. I couldn't be happier. They
had 100% blue, and unfinished stocks. They're shooters, too.

Not bad for $200

Sam
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WGA often states that their rifles have 'matching bolt."  Are these truly bolts matched to the receiver at the arsenal, or are they "forced matches," you know, with bolts etched later with new serials to match the receiver?

I've never heard of them before now and would like to know more.

Many Finn Nagants have forced matched bolts and it was very common for them to do this at the arsenals. It does not hurt the value like it would on some C&R rifles. Matching is generally good, but don't let it slow you down on a Finn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top