Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 1:59:00 PM EDT
I just ordered a conversion for my Colt 1911 - looks pretty neat and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Anyone own one or have experience with it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a stainless colt 1911 that I've put a cor-bon 400 barrel in...it packs a hell of a wallup !   I ordered my barrel from I believe a place called federal??   I found it in shotgun news. I got the extended and ported barrel. looks pretty intimidating. I haven't shot it a lot but it seemed to stovepipe on me a few times. I'm not sure if its the barrels fault or mine. I know I was trying to watch the slide at the same time so I could have limp wristed it I suppose. But as fas as the round its self....WOW!   I've also got a S&W 1006 which is a 10mm and the 400 seems more intense than it. Let me know how yours works, how you like it.....Jackpot-out
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 400 Cor-Bon barrel for my Springfield 1911. Real nice round. The 135gr. load kicks a$$! Factory ammo is pretty expensive, so I load my own. You can get the dies and brass from Dillon Precision. Loading info is available from the Cor-Bon site.
www.cor-bon.com/400.html

coyote3
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds great - although not a lot of people seem to have experience with it.  I'm really looking forward to getting it - even more so now!  I ordered some ammo too, and should have everything next week.

I'll post again after I've had a chance to shoot it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top