Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 9:52:03 PM EDT
i have a chance to purchase a NIB Australian
Automatic Arms SAP & SAR in 223. The semi - auto pistol looks awesome. I can pick up both the pre-ban pistol and rifle for $3000 in a package deal.Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated. I have been unable to find too much
info on these weapons
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
thanx for the thread, i see u were the only one on that post who actually owned the weapons. I
also liked them.

Am i paying a good price ? or am i getting ripped ?

or is it just inflation? I will be paying more than twice what u payed 12 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to remember these were low production/low import preban firearms. How much they are worth is based on how badly you want them. They don't seem to have any collector interest. I got them because they appealed to my oddball personalty. That and the pistol is just plain bad! "Mikie G's" in the SGN's has the pistols now and then in the $2000-$2500 range.(don't know if he sells them though!) Right before the ban hit in Calif I turned down a few offers in the $4k range for the pistol. Three seems a bit high (remember, they aren't H&K's and no collector interest). Have you made an offer? Try $2000 ---cash talks. I would also look for others for sale on the net to check prices...

PS---did you happen to notice who the importers were and ser # sequence?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
its $3000 for both the SAP & SAR together in a package, not separately. Sorry if i wasnt clear.
But i have to take both. i would figure it works out to $1800 for the SAP & $1200 for the SAR . I gotta have that pistol

There are a couple on Guns america .
Used in the $2000 range $2500 unfired.

The ones i looked at are local so i have actually handled them . No shipping or transfers.
The pistol has to go on my license.
The SAR looks like a real nice pre-ban AR

it sounds like im talking myself into it
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I understood it was for both firearms, but a lot of times dealers/sellers put a real high price on unusual firearms just to see what will happen. It never hurts to make an offer.
Here's a pic I found on the net. Bad huh?!

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the pic is a "California Armory" import...
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
i will take ur advice and make an offer. That pistol is BAD, i saw it with the 30rd mag.
Hopefully he will accept it ,i'll offer $2250.
I will own that pistol whatever it takes.
Looks NASTY with that laser. I have an Aimpoint
that will find a new home on the SAP.

Thanx for the pic
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Guns & Ammo test on both and a newspaper clipping/pic of the pistol. If you want a copy let me know. I will scan and email them...
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely

whenever u get a chance is fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top