Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 10:50:01 AM EDT
They are on EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AV6D-PVS-CAMO-HYPER-MINI-MONOCULAR-8-4-OZS-NIGHT-VISION_W0QQitemZ7229853621QQcategoryZ40970QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The price looks good but I've never heard of them.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen one of these personally but I have seen some of this guys machine work and I would steer clear.

What you have here is a hand made mono housing designed to hold a MX 10160 tube and utilize ANVIS 6 or 9 or C mount lenses. It is very much like the NVM housings made by AB night vision. Now my experince with the company was this. I saw on ebay that they had tube retaining rings for sale so I ordered 4 just to check quality as the tube retaining ring is actually a pretty precisely machined thing. Think barrel extension on an AR barrel. There is a precise bevel on one side and air relief cuts in the other. Plus the threads are very fine and very deep on a very thin piece of metal. They are a good test of a machinists abilities.

The examples I recieved cost half of what they normally would. When I got them they were absolute junk. They had been machined out of Delrin, badly and they were missing the bevel and the air relief cuts. I contacted the seller and he did refund my money after almost three weeks and a couple emails reminding him of the repayment. I later learned that the guy had tried sell a friend of mine some PVS 5 tubes as new but he shipped them to my friend with the paperwork in the bottom condeming them as scrap electronics.

So IMHO avoid Sight Owl Products unless you can get it in your hands and test it THOURGHLY before buying.

IPSC_GUY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top