Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 9:48:56 PM EDT
Picked mine up Friday and want to cut the barrel down to 4.5" and can't quite seem to "grasp the barrel and pull it straight out of the upper receiver."  I've removed the bolts and nuts to no avail.  Anybody have the same issue?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I experienced similar dilemma.  Its hard enough to remove that I had to question if It was going to come out.  Just grasp barrel with one hand and receiver with other and pull them in opposite directions is what I did.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I actually got the barrel loosened up by holding the barrel and hitting the top of the rail with a rawhide hammer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I went out last Sunday and fired 400 rounds. Came home and took the 2 bolts and nuts out and the barrel slid right out of the receiver with no effort.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Picked mine up Friday and want to cut the barrel down to 4.5" and can't quite seem to "grasp the barrel and pull it straight out of the upper receiver."  I've removed the bolts and nuts to no avail.  Anybody have the same issue?
View Quote

Please keep us posted. This is exactly what I want to do. Are you planning on doing anything with the gas system? I've heard it's self regulating but don't know anything about how it works.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please keep us posted. This is exactly what I want to do. Are you planning on doing anything with the gas system? I've heard it's self regulating but don't know anything about how it works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes please keep us posted.
I'm curious if this will help with the over gassed issues I'm having while I'm suppressed.

Also mine comes out just fine took it out to clean around the barrel. Never had an issue with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top