Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:45 PM EDT
This stuff looks interesting...

Tough, pebble finish + rubbery texture =positive grip

But, too thick, maybe? Anyone here do this yet?

link
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:02:11 AM EDT
I thought about doing that, but I think it would add too much bulk to the stock. I didn't like the texture very much.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 1:56:06 PM EDT by Southern_Raider]
Yep, adds quite a bit of texture to the stock and helps to patch up a crappy fiberglass stock that is dinged up. Just be sure to keep it away from the lockup areas (under receiver and inside trigger well)

I got a bit too agressive with it and it's a bit rough. I'm going to knock it back with some sandpaper and repaint.

Edited to add:
The product I used is Dupli-Color or something like that. It goes on with a roller and might be a bit more rugged than the spray on stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
I did, used a $5 can of spray--on from Walmart. It's tough and hard to chip. Then, I sprayed on ultraflat green and black stripes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:34:34 PM EDT
the stocks are tough enough for me as it is. plus I think that stuff give me a rash worse than razer burn!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:36:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
I did, used a $5 can of spray--on from Walmart. It's tough and hard to chip. Then, I sprayed on ultraflat green and black stripes.

sparti, what was the product/brand you used?

I agree though, the one in the pics in the link looks kind of hinky...too bulky and thick mebbre. I don't want the "fried chicken" look...

Top Top